Thread: Toshiba Excite tablet screen is freezing

Toshiba Excite tablet screen is freezing

I have bought Toshiba Excite tablet last week and every things was working in the starting but then it has been a week by now and I don’t know what is wrong with the tablet as it has started freezing , it has happened thrice since morning, I am not able to do anything and I just have to force shut down by holding the power button and that’s the only solution that is helping, the issue has started suddenly and I don’t know what is causing the same I have tried rebooting the tablet a no of times but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving this, is there any workaround that I can try out or I should better send it for rma since it is very new?? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Excite tablet screen is freezing

These are some trouble shooting methods that you should try out in this case.
    • First uninstall the most recent applications that you might have installed and restart the tablet after uninstalling each application, if you want then you can try out uninstalling the application one by one and then rebooting the device each time to find out if any recently installed application is causing the issue.
    • If you are having any hardware connected to the Toshiba Excite tablet then better disconnect the same and then restart the tablet and see if the freezing issue is getting solved or not.

Let me know if you are having any of the above case.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. Have you tried inspecting the battery??
    2. Since you have mentioned that the issue has started suddenly I just wanted to know that have you installed any apps recently after which the issue might have started, if yes then try uninstalling that app and see if the issue is getting solved or not.
    3. Is it getting froze when you are using some particular app or when performing some particular task or it is just freezing when you are carrying out normal task as well??
    4. Is your tablet up to date?? If you are not sure about the same then just open the Play Store and then touch the arrow pointing down in the upper-right, when you click on the same then you will get list of all the application that you might be having, so if anyone of them is asking for update then just update the recommended one and see if the issue is getting solved or not.

Just try out these things and then let me know what response you are getting for the same.

I have tried checking out the things that you have mentioned above and this is the response that I am getting:
    1. I have tried checking out the battery and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same that might lead the tablet to freeze.
    2. I have recently installed EZPDF app but then now after your suggestion I have tried uninstalling the same as well but then it is not making any difference in my case and the tablet is still freezing.
    3. The tablet is getting froze with normal task, I mean some times when I am browsing and while using apps but then the freezing is not specific ti any app, it happens for all.
    4. I have checked out for the update and the tablet seems to be having all the apps updated as there were no recommended updates out there.

Is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue, I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but then it is not making any difference, so please help!! Any further help regarding this will be appreciated.

If you want then you can try out the restoring Toshiba Excite to Factory Settings by following the below steps.
    • Just tap the "Settings" icon from the home screen and then select Privacy and then tap on the "Factory Data Reset." and then select the "Reset Tabloid." Option.
    • When you are done with the same then select "Erase Everything." Option and now the restoring process will start and the tablet will even restart a few times for completing the restoring process

Before trying out this process just make sure that you are taking a backup of the date that you need because the process of restoring Toshiba Excite to Factory Settings will be erasing all the personal data from the device. Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping you out in getting rid of the freezing issue.

I was having the same issue with my new Toshiba Excite tablet and I was really surprised to face it so soon, I had tried out all the possible solution that are suggested here but then they were just not making any difference in my case, I have tried out updating the apps, uninstalling the recent apps, resetting and restoring it to factory setting as well but then no matter what I was trying none of them were helping, later after getting irritated of the freezing issue I just sent it for replacement and now I am not having any issue with the new one, I don’t know if there was some hardware issue with the tablet or some kind of software issue but then I was not able to track out the cause of the issue with all the workaround that I had tried out, even you seems to have tried out all the possible solutions by now and I think that you are having similar case as of mine so better send it for replacement.