Thread: Toshiba Excite's wireless connectivity disconnects from internet using built in browser

Toshiba Excite's wireless connectivity disconnects from internet using built in browser

I have recently bought Toshiba Excite tablet and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is getting disconnected from the wireless connectivity when I am browsing on the internet using the built in browser, it shows delay and then I have to reload the page, I have tried connecting to the secure home network as well as public networks but then I am getting the same response with it, I have checked out the router setting and have tried using different channels as well but then I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the network but then it is appearing as if there is something wrong with the tablet itself, I am not sure about the same and I am still trying to find out the cause of the issue, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this and can help me out in fixing the same.

Re: Toshiba Excite's wireless connectivity disconnects from internet using built in browser

Below are some troubleshooting method that you can try out to narrow down the cause of the issue:
    1. Turn off other devices like cordless phones, radios or any other wireless devices that might be trying to access the internet, there are possibilities that this devices can interfere with the connection on your Toshiba Excite as they have to ability of sending and receiving signal.
    2. Make sure that the tablet is not that far from the router and it is in a proper range, if you are not in a proper range then you might be having a weak signal because of which the tablet might be losing the connection.
    3. Just try out turning off the other devices that might be connected to the wifi network at your place, there are possibilities that the wireless provider might have limited the number of the device for connecting to the wifi network.

Just check these things out and then let me know if you are able to find out the cause of the issue in your case or not.

Re: Toshiba Excite's wireless connectivity disconnects from internet using built in browser

I will answer you in the same way:
    1. I have turned off all the devices as you have mentioned but then it is not making any difference the tablet is still losing connection.
    2. I don’t think that there is an issue with the network range as the router is just some feet from the tablet, I have tried using the tablet sitting near the router as well but then it is not helping, I have already mentioned that I have checked out the router setting and have tried using different channel as well and I don’t think that there is any issue with the network as other device are connecting properly to the network and are working fine without losing the connection as well.
    3. I have tried turning of all the other device that were connected to the network and was just having the Toshiba Excite connected to the network but then I was still getting the same response, so I don’t think that there is any issue with the limit of the device that are allowed to connect to the router by the isp.

Is there any other thing that I can try out to fix this, I have tried out all the possible solutions that I could have but then they are just not making any difference in my case, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

In that case I just wanted to know that are you having this issue only with the built in browser? If yes then there might be some issue with the software part of it, have you tried using some other browser to check if it is making any difference in your case or not, if other browser are working fine then I think that you will have to probably switch to some other browser for now and wait until there is an update from the Toshiba for fixing the issue, since you have mentioned that you have checked out the router setting and you are not having any issue with the network using other device you have already narrowed down the issue, just try using other browser and then let me know the response that you are getting.

Hey thanks for your interest, yes I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the network in my case but then it is just the built in browser? I am not having any other issue with the tablet, I have tried using Dolphin HD browser and it is just working fine and I am not having any issues with the same, previously I was thinking that there is some issue with the tablet regarding the disconnection and I had tried out rebooting the tablet several times but then it was not making any difference, I had already narrowed down the issue but then after trying out your suggestion I have finally found the culprit, it is the built in browser, I don’t know why the built in browser would be working like that, I just wanted to know if there is any solution that I can try out in this case or I will have to wait for the next update?? I have not yet found many people complaining about the same, so I doubt that the Toshiba will be aware of this issue, I will be contacting them and addressing this issue and will check out what they have to say about the same currently I am happy that I am not having the same issue with the Dolphin HD browser.

Since you cannot uninstall the built in browser and reinstall it again I don’t think that there might be a workaround that can help you here and you will probably have to wait for the update, if you want then you can try restoring Toshiba Excite to Factory Settings and check out if you are having any luck with the sane, you can try out the below steps for performing the restore.
    • First just Tap the "Settings" icon on the Toshiba Excite home screen and then select Privacy,
    • After that Tap "Factory Data Reset." and then select the "Reset Tabloid."
    • Now Select "Erase Everything." After this the process will begin and the tablet might even restart a few times for completing the process so you don’t have to worry about the same.
    • I just wanted to that before trying out the factory restore method make sure that you are taking a backup of the date that you need as this process will be erasing all the personal data from the device.

Just try it out and see if it is helping. Best of luck.

Yes you won’t be able to try out the uninstallation and the reinstallation process but then you can try updating the built in browser, if you are not aware whether you are having a updated browser or not then you can just open the Play Store from the open the Play Store and after that tap the arrow pointing down in the upper-right, after tapping on the same you will get list of all the apps that you might be having installed on your tablet, so if there will be any recommended update for the built in browser then install the same and then reboot the tablet and then see if the issue exists or not, if it does then you will have to wait for the next update as already suggested. Even I don’t think that there is any other solution that you can try out in the built in browser case.