Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III plastic body vs HTC One X unibody

Samsung Galaxy S III plastic body vs HTC One X unibody

Guys I have made a thread over here on what do you all think about the new design of this phone I mean if we compare the design of the SIII with the unibody design of the HTC One X which one do you think will win the race that’s what I want to know from you all? If you look at Samsung then they have launched this phone against the HTC One X which has a similar specs like the Galaxy S III. So the competitions between the two phones is somewhat interesting to have a look at. For me the designs of both the phones are unique in its own ways. one is a bit slim but made of plastic and the other one is a bit large but made of metal. So different people have different choices about their phones it’s interesting to know what do you all have to say about the same?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III plastic body vs HTC One X unibody

If you all ask me the Samsung galaxy S III wins the race completely. For me there are three main improvements in the design of the phone. First of all being the unique design. Now why I am saying that is because Samsung galaxy S III is unique in its own ways. The body is a bit curvy nice to hold and also the display covers the maximum part of the phone which is a unique thing. The second being the body made of sturdy plastic. Because of the plastic body there is no fear of the phone’s body getting damaged. Even if the phone falls down then the plastic ensures it absorbs the maximum damage. not the case with the metallic body. If we drop a down a phone that has a metallic body on the ground then we should better be prepared to call the customer care for help. It might either be broken or the phone does not respond at all. One more advantage of plastic body is that it keeps the body light and does not carry the weight, so holding the phone feels comfortable on our hands. The third being the replaceable components. If we can remove the body and replace the components then it is well and good for us. Something which Samsung galaxy s III has ensured that we can do it. With the unibody design we cannot do all such things because we cannot open the body of the phone. The best example of the unibody design is htc one x it has a unibody design with that we cant remove the battery and also it does not have a micro sd card slot. Samsung galaxy S III provides all those stuffs. In Samsung galaxy s III, suppose if any of the internal components gets damaged then we can open up the phone and replace them with the new one. Something which isn’t possible with the HTC One X, if we have to do anything like that then we have to better send the phone to the service center. So by all these means the design of the Galaxy S III is much ahead of the HTC One X.

I didn’t understand what was so unique about the design of the phone for me it was a totally ok design with nothing much to describe about, can you tell me what was so unique about the design of galaxy S III? If you look at the back part of the body then you will get to know it is a old pattern which we can find in a lot of Smartphone’s. Yes the front part of the phone only looks good with the white body and not the black body. If you are saying that the display of the phone covers maximum part of the phone then you are wrong, go and have a look at HTC one X. the display looks much bigger in HTC one X. frankly speaking I don’t think there is any other phone which is as bigger and better than the Samsung galaxy note. That phone is a completely out of the world phone. I am having it and I wish if I could have used it on and on. The body doesn’t gets heated quickly, the phone is not as weighty as its size.

Galaxy S III did not look as attractive as I was expecting it to be. Because the hype that Samsung people had created before its release it did look to me that this is something which can compete the galaxy note but no it just looks a improved version of galaxy S II which itself is a average phone.

I would support the design of HTC One X. I have uploaded the pic over here

just have a look at and tell me what you did not find great in this phone? Yes many people are complaining about the unibody design of the phone. I don’t understand what’s wrong with the unibody design of the phone. Unibody ensures the durability of the phone. The white htc one x looks so royal and even look at the back part of the phone the camera position and the speakers are something commendable. I own a HTC one x that’s why I am saying it. Galaxy S III has a average design I had a glimpse of the phone much before the launch of the phone because the leaked images of the phone were already out when the HTC one x was released. I did have a look at it and I found it to be something average. That’s when I decided to go with the HTC one x. HTC One X has a metallic body not a plastic body, metallic body is something royal plastic body looks cheap on any Smartphone’s no doubt that plastics are a better conductor of electricity and they have some other advantages of their own but metallic body raises the bar for a Smartphone. so for me the unibody design of HTC one x is the winner. I will stick to my opinion no matter how much people would criticize htc one for its design.

Quote Originally Posted by Su^Raj View Post
    I would support the design of HTC One X. I have uploaded the pic over here

just have a look at and tell me what you did not find great in this phone? Yes many people are complaining about the unibody design of the phone. I don’t understand what’s wrong with the unibody design of the phone. Unibody ensures the durability of the phone. The white htc one x looks so royal and even look at the back part of the phone the camera position and the speakers are something commendable. I own a HTC one x that’s why I am saying it. Galaxy S III has a average design I had a glimpse of the phone much before the launch of the phone because the leaked images of the phone were already out when the HTC one x was released. I did have a look at it and I found it to be something average. That’s when I decided to go with the HTC one x. HTC One X has a metallic body not a plastic body, metallic body is something royal plastic body looks cheap on any Smartphone’s no doubt that plastics are a better conductor of electricity and they have some other advantages of their own but metallic body raises the bar for a Smartphone. so for me the unibody design of HTC one x is the winner. I will stick to my opinion no matter how much people would criticize htc one for its design.
    I would like to quote something which this guy has written over here he has interesting noted out that Samsung galaxy s iii gives us the freedom to replace the damaged components of the phone which isn’t possible with the htc one x. htc one x has a metallic body which is a disadvantage in its own the above user is saying that having a metallic body raises the bar of a Smartphone what kind of bar are you talking about, when you play some high end games then htc one x gets over heated quickly. You cant play a game for more than 2 hours in this phone. if you happened to play more than that then I am sure you cannot touch the phone because it gets freakingly hot thanks to the metallic body of the phone. that’s why Samsung people have done the right thing of not introducing the metallic body In their phone the plastic body will ensure that the heat in the phone will remain under control and we don’t get to experience over heating problems in our phones, so that’s the added advantage. Galaxy s3 gives us the freedom of many things which the htc one x doesn’t. Galaxy s iii gives the opportunity of storing things in the external memory which ht one x does not. galaxy s 3 has a sd card slot which htc one x does not. galaxy s iii has a removable battery not the case with htc one x. the camera of galaxy s iii is better, the display is better, battery is better then how come one X belongs to the different league of Smartphone’s? Do you have any answers for this, if yes then do reply over here lets have a debate on this. if you accept my challenge come and comment over here.