Thread: Apple ios will import Sony Handycam's avchd or standard video files to ipad?

Apple ios will import Sony Handycam's avchd or standard video files to ipad?

Is there anyone who can let me know about what I asked you? I just wanted to know whether it is possible to import for Apple iOS to import Sony Handycam avchd or standard video files into my iPad. I do not want to do it into my laptop. Actually the thing is that I am on a long journey and currently I am using my Sony Handycam for clicking and capturing pictures and videos. And I believe that it would be much convenient to watch videos on my iPad rather than converting those video file on the laptop to watch them. Watching videos on laptop makes the process much longer and difficult but I guess it wont be the same for the ipad. So please any if possible let me know with some appropriate solution.

Re: Apple ios will import Sony Handycam's avchd or standard video files to ipad?

My friend I think you are talking about something which is almost not possible. iOS and iPad are all related to Apple and iPad is an iDevice. The file format that you are talking about is an official format of HD video camera i.e. avchd files is actually the format of HD video camera and therefore due to this reason it’s not supported on iMovie. And maybe because of this you won’t be able to directly play the handycam’s video on your iPad. Other than the iDevice I think it would be easily possible to play such format files on any other products. Apple devices are always insecure regarding the outer world electronics and therefore they are always involved within their own software and hardware. It would be better suggested to you to consult an Apple expert and ask them for a possible way out for this problem or contact the Apple support for the same.

Re: Apple ios will import Sony Handycam's avchd or standard video files to ipad?

This is what the main issue with most of the apple users. I do not understand why apple devices find it so much difficult to support other native videos or video players. Even I had this sort of problem few months back, but then what I did was downloaded and installed CineXplayer on my own iPad. I must say that this player was fortunately very much supported on my iPad, it helped me to increase the range of those non-supporting videos on the iDevice. I personally found that these players not just supported other format files but also I was much advanced than other native video player on my iPad. I can only suggest you to go for this app and at least try it and experiment with it as much as possible; this would surely help you out with your issue too. Note that you can get this player easily on web so you need not have to worry in search of this player.

But other than you issue I would like to give you certain related and important information, as far as I know it is always recommended to do any sort of actual file transfer for iPad with the help of a computer system or a portable system i.e. a laptop. it’s a good practice to keep your iPad running lifelong no harm. So avoid any kind of inconvenience by doing any kind of unwanted experiment unless you find it important.

I am not sure with the avchd video format but it would be much helpful if you try to convert your sony avchd video to some other format like mov or m4v. this file conversation will surely help you out with the further playback with iPad, after this you can sync the video that is converted to mov format to ipad through iTunes. Now I am not much aware with the complete procedure with whatever I suggested you but yeah you can find the steps for the avchd video conversation to mov or some other format in order to get the further playback help with ipad. For the file format conversation steps better you search on web, you will find it easily from there.

Yeah that’s a good idea. I would go this idea if asked me. by doing so it is very much possible to convert the sony files to iPad. I did this, but in my case I was trying out converting the Sony MTS video file on my iPad2. When search on web found that I was not the only one who was in a plan for such conversation, there are still many users having iPad 2 and wants to make their videos to play from Sony to this device.

Most of the handycam videos shares HD format like M2TS, MTS, MOD, now here in my case I was willing to play Sony MTS video on iPad 2 and for that I was made to convert those MTS videos to iPad 2 which was very much necessary.

Conversation of sony MTS video to MP4 with iPad 2 is very much simple, I have a the complete procedure and steps for this process.

• Everything starts by loading the Sony MTS videos on Sony to iPad 2 converter; this is the first steps you can say. Then you need to click on the Add button for importing the Sony MTS files into the iPad 3 converter, this is done for the further playing and editing process. It is easily possible for you to add some videos at a time so that you can easily merge them altogether into one files.
    • After this you need to select the H.264 video that is .mp4 format for using in the iPad2, just make sure that you click on the drop down list button after formatting and then choose the Common video then H.264 video. This is not necessary, you can also go for choosing iPad then iPad 2 video, iPad then iPad HD Video i.e. .mp4), iPad then iPad Video H.264 i.e. .mp4, iPad then Video MPEG-4 i.e. .mp4, all the formats in the same manner and then you can easily able to get them played onto your iPad 2.
    • Then you need to somehow get the parameters adjusted for that you need to click on the Settings button for getting the profiles settings box, then get the size in the video list adjusted to 1280*720, 640*480 or 1024*768 in order to achieve a perfect playback effect and then see to it that the codec in the Audio list is aac and the Frame is managed to 30.
    • Now lastly you have to convert the Sony MTS videos to iPad 2. And for this final process you have to first click on the Conver button that is present towards the right side for getting the conversion started, then wait for a while and then act for the conversion to get completed. Now note that you can also have a 3-5X faster speed while converting than other converters with the help of the CUDA technology.