Thread: dell Inspiron N5010 overheating

dell Inspiron N5010 overheating

Hi, I am using dell Inspiron N5010 machine from last couple of months and have started getting problem with the laptop as it just gets overheated after such moderate use of the same. I have noticed that CPU temp averages at around 54 C even in high CPU intensive game after an hour of game play. And let me tell you as I have installed windows 7 in my machine so will it be the reason for the same? Any suggestion for resolving the same will be appreciated.

Re: dell Inspiron N5010 overheating

I was also having same problem with the machine one after such a huge approach I came to know that it was because of the corrupted drivers I had installed in the machine, thus after downloading the most recent drivers once again for each and every hardware everything were working perfectly. Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to make sure whether the drivers you have installed is working perfectly or not.

And if suppose you are not getting anything like whether they are working perfectly or not, then also it would be better if you get it reinstalled. But while doing this as well you should make sure you are not installing the same that you have gotten with the product rather it is always recommended to make use of most recent drivers in the machine.

I am completely agree with the above user but still moreover to that I would say you should try to update the BIOS as well and reinstall the latest version in your machine and see whether there is any change with the performance or not.

as the extent to I know For a correctly designed laptop, the majorly ordinary cause of overheating is infertile air vents. while dust blocks the fans and air vents designed to fresh your laptop, overheating results. Thus you should make sure whether they are dust free or not and if you found them with dust at that time you should try to clean it up first and then only try to run the machine. And see this was a Physical Causes of Laptop Overheating but if you concern Software Causes of Laptop Overheating, there are certains factors as mentioned above like you should make all the drivers and BIOS updated in the machine in order to avoid overheating in your laptop. This is not a problem with your machine only rather this is actually happening to any brands laptop.

see I have mentioned some of the ways through which you can keep your laptop cool.

• Fix Internal Cooling

• Keep The Laptop On A Hard & Flat Surface

• Invest In A Laptop Cooler

• It would be far much better if you take you laptop to service center and have proper treatment for the same.

can overheating leads to automatic switch off of laptop.....i hv dell inspiron n5010 and it gets switched off automatically after 2-3hours.....so d problem is in drivers installed?? or its a case of hardware problem..... plz suggest me!!

Quote Originally Posted by vipin607 View Post
    can overheating leads to automatic switch off of laptop.....i hv dell inspiron n5010 and it gets switched off automatically after 2-3hours.....so d problem is in drivers installed?? or its a case of hardware problem..... plz suggest me!!
    Yes, if the laptop is getting to much overheated then it will shut down at any time it wants to do. But after shut down when you turn on your laptop, do you get any kind of error messages, you can also check it in the event logs if you would like and let us know so that we can find out whether it is a generic hardware problem or a software issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's