Thread: Hardware Keys or Virtual Keys are best for Samsung Galaxy S III

Hardware Keys or Virtual Keys are best for Samsung Galaxy S III

I wanted to discuss something interesting for Samsung Galaxy S III. Let me know what would you prefer whether hardware key or Virtual key? Virtual keys means software keys. Personally I would go for Virtual keys. Tell which option would like to use and why? I am waiting for your quick speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Hardware Keys or Virtual Keys are best for Samsung Galaxy S III

In this particular situation it seems to be really difficult to figure which one is best for this particular device. I know that both hardware keys and virtual keys are having their own benefits. If you are going to use Virtual keys then it would consume screen space. Also S III is using amoled screen and signs on screen is going to burn the display of the device. so we are going to burned virtual buttons while playing video games on the device. if you wanted hardware keys then it would simply increase bottom and it is not recommend in ICS. I am also expecting that hardware button of the device is going to provide same kind of functionality same as that of software button. I don’t have any issue they would provide hardware buttons it would make free space display screen.

I would like to use Software keys as compared to hardware one. When I supposed to watch videos or slide show on the device then it gets hide automatically. However I really loved to use hardware keys of Samsung Galaxy Nexsus. Apart from that it allows you to get maximum screen size even though body of the device is small enough. By using roms you will be able to select desire button such as Menu, search.

According to me software keys are best option. As it simply reduces bezel and size of device. so you will be able to get larger screen-estate. But it does not happening as far as Samsung devices are concerned. the size of device is remaining same irrespective of virtual keys or hardware keys. If I am viewing some youtube video and many times I need to tap Capacitive "Back" so that entire video should be loaded by time. This particular issue happening when I am having bad reception. So according to me Samsung should provide s hardware buttons rather than that of software buttons. But make sure that they are reducing bezel so that it would reduce screen and size of phone will not increase at all.

There is no need of having software button rather I want hardware button on this particular device. I really liked to use keys without having actual look on the device. I am not interested to loose precious display space by having virtual buttons. If you don’t agree with me then you should have a look on Galaxy. Make sure that screen should not be extended to bottom of phone and it should be persuaded.
    Apart from that virtual key should be used for Menu, search and back key. Its ok if hardware key is used for home button.

Same as of you I don’t wanted to use virtual key. I loved to press button despite of lock and volume buttons. So far I have not found any great advantage of virtual keys while compare to hardware buttons. However I would appreciate if they are planning to provide capacitative buttons as it supposed to superior in terms of performance when you consider hardware button. I am not able to figure out why they are providing hardware buttons where there are having capability to create capacitative keys. Hardware key should be used as track pad.