Thread: Samsung Galaxy y WIFI not Connecting

Samsung Galaxy y WIFI not Connecting

Hi there
    I cant connect my Samsung Galaxy Y to an Wireless Network. When I switch on the WIFI option, It takes forever "Scanning" under WiFi Network" What could be the problem?

re: Samsung Galaxy y WIFI not Connecting

Quote Originally Posted by wbhaku View Post
    Hi there
    I cant connect my Samsung Galaxy Y to an Wireless Network. When I switch on the WIFI option, It takes forever "Scanning" under WiFi Network" What could be the problem?
    Have you tried resetting the phone? if not then try it out and see if it is making any difference, i also wanted to know that are you getting the same response for all the WiFi Network or with a specific one??

Quote Originally Posted by BpnV View Post
    Have you tried resetting the phone? if not then try it out and see if it is making any difference, i also wanted to know that are you getting the same response for all the WiFi Network or with a specific one??
    Thanks for the reply BpnV. So far I have tried 3 different Wifis, one for a Ciosco WAP, another one for an EnGenius one and a Dlink AP but to no avail. I tried resetting the phone but there is no difference. Adding manually, and click save, nothing will display!

Thanks for the reply BpnV. So far I have tried 3 different Wifis, one for a Ciosco WAP, another one for an EnGenius one and a Dlink AP but to no avail. I tried resetting the phone but there is no difference. Adding manually, and click save, nothing will display!
    That's weird, anyways to narrow down the cause of this issue i just wanted to know that have you tried out connecting some other device to the same wifi network? if not then try out the same and then let me know the response you are getting for further help.

Re: Samsung Galaxy y WIFI not Connecting

I have a couple of phones which are connecting inclusing some inferior Samsungs and Nokias. Maybe the WIFI is just faulty!

I have a couple of phones which are connecting inclusing some inferior Samsungs and Nokias. Maybe the WIFI is just faulty!
    Since you have tried out the possible solution to find out the cause of the issue, even i think that there is something wrong with the wifi of the phone, probably a hardware issue, so better contact the service center and address them the workaround that you have tried out and check out what they have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BpnV View Post
    Since you have tried out the possible solution to find out the cause of the issue, even i think that there is something wrong with the wifi of the phone, probably a hardware issue, so better contact the service center and address them the workaround that you have tried out and check out what they have to say about it.
    Thanks a lot, I took that phone to the Service Centre and its now working OK. They claimed to have updated the firmware but I remember updating the software myself on several ocassions without any success! I dont care and mind what they did..... I am just happy that I am now saving a lot of US$ on using my work network instead of using my mobile data bundles!