Thread: HDMI out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

HDMI out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Is there any accessory available for Galaxy Tab 2 in order to do HDMI out? I mean I need some kind of adapter which is capable to do the HDMI out via USB or using some other port. Right now there is no HDMI out integrated to the Tab. I have to use either USB or some other connector in order to connect to the external monitor and stream video in it.

Re: HDMI out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

As far as I know that like the iPad, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 2 has only one port, a 30-pin proprietary connector. For that only Samsung has provided a few adapters with which you can extend the functionality of the tablet like HDMI, USB and SD. But for all these you might need to spend some extra money. There is also an original Samsung HDMI Adapter for Galaxy Tab. The use of the shelf HDMI output is not documented, so that I have not been able to use the tablet to a TV or a video projector, if someone has the answer I'm interested.

Re: HDMI out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I have also used this HDMI adapter and with this you can connect a full-size HDMI cord to the Tab and then connect that cord to the Full HD TV via the HDMI input. You can share your Tab contents with your family and friends

Technical data:

1. Adapter from 30-pin connector to HDMI Galaxy Tab
    2. Transfer technology with MHL (MHL = Mobile High-Definition Link)
    3. Transfer photos, videos, music and games

However the configuration is bit awkward. There is also a possibility to connect the HDMI adapter to the Tab via the Multi-Media Dock. While connecting the HD monitor, I have noticed that upscaling SD content to 1080p wasn’t smooth and you will notice some slight pixilation. There seems like a dropped frames and noticeable smoothness difference. The translation through that adapter is not perfect. However if you are looking forward to use Samsung MediaHub and your TV is not MediaHub-enabled, the MediaHub could be better option.