Thread: Nokia Ovi store not opening in Nokia X2-01

Nokia Ovi store not opening in Nokia X2-01

I have this particular phone of mine though I did not bought it with my own interest but I had to get it forcefully because I wanted a new phone under 4K desperately and this one fitted the bill perfectly. The basic features of the phone is qite good like it has a good camera, good display, godo qwerty keyboard, even social apps are running perfectly well. I wanted to check out some of the applications in my nokia ovi store. So I decided to open the ovi store but the problem is that ovi store was not opening at all. I thought there must be some problem with the phone that’s why I did a restart and started the phone again.

Again I checked the ovi store it was not opening at all. Like the screen appeared nokia ovi stiore and it was not progressing from there. What could be the problem with the phone can anyone of you all tell me something about it?

I have asked many of my friends who own a nokia phone and they aren’t having any kind of problems so what could be the main reason behind this? can you all please tell me. I want to hear it from you all. Do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Nokia Ovi store not opening in Nokia X2-01

Surely looks to me as a firmware problem better update it with the latest one. Nokia X2-01 is not known for having a good amount of apps. It does not run many of the apps quite perfectly in it blame it on the OS or the firmware anything.

Just wanted to say that you have made a wrong choice by selecting this phone. there were many phones which are available under 4K nokia C2-03 is a good example. So you could have gone with that as well. Anyways do a firmware update and revert back to me. if that makes any difference or not.

Are you trying to open the Nokia ovi store through the opera mini browser or what? In case if you are doing by that way then let me tell you Nokia ovi store does not opens up by that way. There is some compatibility issue with the browser as well as the nokia ovi store. I would say you better do it with the social nokia app there is a separate app called as nokia ovi app in the phone fropm which you can access it directly. That’s what you can do.

So do give a try for the said solution, hope that works for you. that’s it from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    Surely looks to me as a firmware problem better update it with the latest one. Nokia X2-01 is not known for having a good amount of apps. It does not run many of the apps quite perfectly in it blame it on the OS or the firmware anything.

Just wanted to say that you have made a wrong choice by selecting this phone. there were many phones which are available under 4K nokia C2-03 is a good example. So you could have gone with that as well. Anyways do a firmware update and revert back to me. if that makes any difference or not.
    Hey, again the updating phone is also not working in my Nokia X2-01 I went to the settings. Under that phone settings. I went to the phone updates option. Under that I selected Download phone software option, then I was advised that ‘connecting to the phone server normal charges may apply. I selected yes and I thought this download the new firmware in my phone but the phone got stuck in the searching for server option and did not download anything. I waited till an hour or so suc that the downlaid will get started but still there wasn’t any difference at all.

So what do you all think what could be the problem over here? please do let me know about it. i cant even download the new firmware that’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post

Don’t give the idea of firmware update and that too In this phone . I have got the latest firmware for this phone i.e. 08.63 for this phone and still I cant open the ovi store In the phone. the issue is not with the browser. I have tried opening the store with the help of that app as well but still I wasn’t able to do that.

Blame it on Nokia they aren’t able to bring up with some good firmware’s for this phone, its like they have actually forgotten Symbian.