Thread: Brand new PS4 bricked while playing GTA 5

Brand new PS4 bricked while playing GTA 5

How to fix a bricked PS4 console. It is a brand new one and I am trying to play GTA 5 on the same. I inserted the disc and the screen just stucked on loading. It does not move ahead. Being a brand new console this problem must not appear. I tried checking the cables and also disc is good. It is a new disc. I borrowed that from my friend. The CD is working fine in this console. I am also not able to check update. The console just startup and freezes and I am not able to go inside anything.

Re: Brand new PS4 bricked while playing GTA 5

The best thing you must do is return it. Go to the shop back from where you had bought this console, and return it. Most of branded companies give you 7 days return. Means if there is any issue you will get a brand new one instantly.

The console brick due to various reason. It can be due to the hard drive. I think you got a defective product. It is better you must contact the seller and ask him to give you replacement. Don't take it to the service center. Just get a new one from the seller. But still if you want to do something in it then try to restart it first. Disconnect the cables and connect it back. Verify the boot time. See how much time takes. If it is slow then surely the hard drive is having a problem. Being a new system you cannot even open and check it out. The best way is to take to the shop and change it. I got the issue on a old PS3 console. I showed the same to a shop and they replaced the internal hard drive. The issue was resolved. In your cause also I think the issue is same. You have to check the blinking light updates on the same. That will give you more detail about troubleshooting.

Try to reboot and then go for a firmware update. This might resolve the problem. You can find the same under settings. But if you are unable to get that you can run the same through usb also.

Bricked ps4 console is big pain. There are very few troubleshooting options left. The first is to run a firmware update. But how to do that when the console is not working. This is only due to hardware problem. Sometime we get a damage product and you can get it replaced from the store. It is not possible for everyone to open and checkout the internal component. This also breaks the warranty. I got this issue many time in my old PS3. It get freezes in between while playing game. I know that soon this will die. It will not work and will not provide any kind of proper output. This is because of internal damage component. The guy who is going to repair this says it will take a good amount to replace the internal hard drive and then also there is no 100% surety that this is going to work fine. Better get a new one.

The only thing I would recommend for a new console is go ahead and get a replacement. Do not try to fix on your own. Because you are getting problem at start and if you try to fix the same then future also you will face similar issue.

Firmware update can fix the issue. But it is essential that the console must work. If it remains stucked on one place you cannot go ahead with the firmware update. I had seen in news that a few models where shipped has this issue. You can get instant replacement for the same. But still if you want to try to fix the same on your own then there are few things you can try. This method might void warranty so do the same on your own risk. To make the console work back you have to turn on PS once without hard drive. This reset the drive. So better get backup on your usb. You can switch it off first and then remove the hard drive. And turn the console on. Then again switch it off and add the drive. That's it. This is the fastest way of fixing issue. The console when turned on without drive is in safe mode. And it will ask you to insert the hard drive. Once you reconnect the drive you can move ahead with the recovery process.