Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 supports Wolfson Audio DAC

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 supports Wolfson Audio DAC

I have recently purchased the Galaxy tab 2 and was very surprised to know that the Galaxy tab use Wolfson Audio DAC. Now I know why it sounds so damn good when I tune into radio channels or listen to the music on my Tab. I am enjoying the music and it gives me immense of pleasure as I am a diehard music lover. I want you people to share your experiences with me as I want to know if someone knows, about some more features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2…

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 supports Wolfson Audio DAC

Wolfson Electronics uses multi channel audio hub CODEC for smart phones, it is a highly integrated ultralow power hi-fi designed especially for the smart phones and other portable devices which are rich in multimedia features. It also comes with the integrated stereo class DAB speaker driver and it also has a class W headphone driver which minimizes power consumption when you are listening to the audio playback. You will be surprised to find out that the device only requires two voltage supplies. A smart digital interface provides power regulation and a low clock output and filters for up to four digital microphones.

I’ll brief you some technical things about the new Wolfson Audio DAC. In this the pin1 is properly aligned with pin1. There is an onboard charge pump that supplies the bipolar power for the chip internally. This is something different from the previous versions of the Wolfson Audio DAC. It has Advanced Ultra High Performance Multi-bit Sigma Delta Architecture. It supports all most all standard audio interface formats. Includes linear phase and range of tailored characteristics, It also supports two connection schemes for audio DAC control. The 2/3 wire serial interface provides access to all features.

Yes it is really an awesome input in Samsung Galaxy Tab. It gives a superb audio quality and especially now it has confirmed that the device is Voodoo sound capable. I am happy with my purchase as Samsung Galaxy Tab also provides me with many different features which I can enjoy and have fun with.