Thread: Is 16GB memory enough for Samsung Galaxy S III and everyday use?

Is 16GB memory enough for Samsung Galaxy S III and everyday use?

I am planning to buy the new Samsung Galaxy S III. I am a student and a normal user for the phone. Samsung Galaxy S III comes with 16GB internal memory. I want to watch videos listen songs and surf the internet and download and play games. Is 16 GB of memory enough for everyday use?

Re: Is 16GB memory enough for Samsung Galaxy S III and everyday use?

Yes I agree with you and I want to say that 16 GB memory is enough for everyday use. I am having Samsung Galaxy SII with 16GB and I am using only 10 GB of it rest of the 6 GB is full free. Having 16GB of the memory is good, you can keep plenty of data. In my memory I am using If you are having the 16 GB memory in your phone then I am sure that nearly 2-3GB of memory will be free. Because you are a student and I don’t think so that you will be needing more space to keep your videos, music and games. It will hardly take 4 GB for your songs and 2-2.5 GB for your videos. For your games I think that 5-7 GB is more than enough for you. All this as per my calculation I think it’s going up to 13-13.5 GB. Still you are left with 2-3 GB. So having 16GB in Samsung Galaxy S III is enough no need of external memory.

No I don’t think that 16GB of internal memory is enough for me. As I am a music lover only with my songs I can fill the whole 16GB. I am having the Samsung Galaxy S with 16GB internal and 16GB external. The whole phone is full in my phone with 18GB of songs, 8GB of videos and 5 GB of games. Only 1 GB of the memory is free that also I have to keep it else the phone starts working very slow. I think that 16GB internal is ok but you need an external micro SD card to fulfill your requirement. I personally don’t think that 16GB is enough for me.

Is 16GB more or less I think that is a personal choice of yours. It depends on you consumption that how much of memory you will use. If you are planning to keep the whole media library along with you then I think that 16GB is enough for me to use as I don’t have songs more than 3 GB and videos not more than 2GB. I think that for me 16GB is enough and for you if you are same user as I am than I must say to you that 16GB is more than enough for you. I use it to play movies on it whenever I am planning to go out on a trip and I delete it when I am done with watching the video. In case if you need more memory then I suggest you to take an external card rather than taking more memory in the device and wasting the money.

In Samsung Galaxy S III you will be able to use only 11 GB approx. In my Samsung Galaxy S I am having 16GB of external card and I am able to use 14 GB is for my applications and 2GB is for system partition. In Samsung Galaxy S III you have an external card slot and you can insert a new card you want and can use more than 16GB of the memory in your phone. I think that 16GB of memory is not enough for me to store my music, videos, games and application. And as the in Samsung Galaxy S III you get to use only 11GB from the 16GB. I don’t think that 11GB will be enough for me to keep my media library.