Thread: can't install apps onto a SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

can't install apps onto a SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I just wanted to explore the tablet experience and so made an purchase of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and its really cool tablet in recent times. I just can’t compete this one to any tablet. So for what purpose do we actually use tablets. So the main issue concerning to me is , I am not able to install apps onto a SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I cant understand such a unique tablet performs this way. so it came across me that ICS doesn't support app installs onto an SD card? It also came to my notice that 3rd party apps are not working. So what could be the possible reason behind it . can you explain me the same.

Re: can't install apps onto a SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

So as you are concerned for installing apps onto sd card and if you want to save memory space on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, you can move apps to the SD card. You also make a note of one thiong that apps that you move to the SD card are not able to be accessed when the device is mounted to a computer. Follow the instracutions. From the home screen, press the Menu and then select Settings >>Applications.>>Manage Applications. And then make an selection of which app you want to move. And then press Move to SD card button. The Galaxy Tab will move through the course of installing the app to the SD card. There is a possibility that you might get an “Failed to move application” error, and if you receive this one , the app was probably included with the ROM of the device and therefore can’t be moved. Of course, this procedure can become deadly if you desire to move all of your apps to the SD card. You can have an glance over an SDMove app which is available in the Android Market that will do this for you . so I have tested it and it does work properly. from SDMove you are able to simply tap Menu and then Move All and all apps that can be moved will be.

Re: can't install apps onto a SD card in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I think this post will be useful in your case.
    You just need to make a note of this things before you install apps onto your memory card.
    • You need to download the Java Development Kit (JDK) onto your system and install it.
    • You also need to download the Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
    • confirm that your device’s PC Suite has been installed on your ssytem.
    • allow USB Debugging on your device through the path “Settings>> Applications >> Development >> and then finally USB Debugging”
    • you also need to disable your firewall and antivirus tools on your system , as they might interrupt the procedure.