Thread: Cannot install Dell 922 printer in Dell N5110 Inspiron

Cannot install Dell 922 printer in Dell N5110 Inspiron

I have dell 922 all in one printer and I am experiencing problem while using it with my Dell N5110 Inspiron laptop. With my old Dell laptop I was not facing any problem while using my Dell 922 printer. Now I have connected printer with Dell N5110 Inspiron laptop and installed the driver but when I try to print anything at that time I get communication problem. I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. If have tried to solve tried to solve this problem by disconnecting the printer and connecting it back with my laptop but that does not make any difference, I have also tried to find the solution on internet and I have come to know that by resetting the printer I can solve this problem and then I have followed the procedure from my printer manuals and reset my Dell 922 printer. After resetting the printer when i connected it with my laptop and tried to print at that time I get same problem. if anyone have solution for this problem then let me know thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot install Dell 922 printer in Dell N5110 Inspiron

You should try this solution you fix this problem by trying this steps. First you have to click on start menu and then select control panel. Now you need to click on the Hardware and sound. After clicking on the Hardware and sound option you have to select View Devices and Printers. Now will see all installed printers in your laptop. Right click on your printer and then select remove device option. Once you remove the printer you have to restart your laptop. Now you have to download drivers for your Dell 922 printer from the Dell support site and install it. While installing the drivers it will give you message that your “printer is not connected” and after that you have to connect the printer with your laptop and installation process will get finished. Now you need to print any page and then you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not?

This problem can also take place because of antivirus. I am telling this because I am also facing problem same problem occurred with me and first I have thought problem might be with the printer drivers and that is why I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the printer drivers but after reinstalling the drivers also I was also facing same problem. I have also reset the printer with no luck. When I have contact Dell support and discussed about my printer issue at that time they have told me to turn off the antivirus and then try to print and then when I tried to print after turning off the McAfee antivirus at that time I didn’t get any problem. I don’t want to turn off antivirus in my laptop every time while printing. Is there setting I need to do with McAfee? Thank you in advance.

You have to allow your Dell N5110 Inspiron printer from McAfee antivirus and then your problem will get solved. First open McAfee antivirus and then you have to select Internet and Network option. Now you will be able to see all the services in ‘Internet and Network section. Click on the Configure button below the services. You have to click on the arrow which you will see right side of the Firewall option. Select advanced option which opens new window. In advanced window you have to click on the System Services and make sure that Windows File Sharing option is checked or not? If Windows File Sharing option is not checked then you have to check it and then click on Ok. After performing these steps you have to try to print anything without turning off antivirus and then your problem will get solved.

I have removed the printer from my Dell N5110 Inspiron laptop and then I have tried to search the on Dell support sirte which is compatible with windows 7 but I am not getting option window 7. On Dell support windows Xp and vista drivers are available. I have downloaded windows Vista drivers and then tried to install in my Dell N5110 Inspiron laptop but while installing the drivers it is giving me error. Now please tell me how to install the drivers in my laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You need to install the drivers in Compatibility mode and then you will not get any problems. To install the printer drivers in Compatibility mode you need to follow these steps.

• Right click on the drivers installation file.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Choose run this “program in compatibility mode for” drop down box.
    • Select windows Vista option there.
    • Click on OK.