Thread: Which is the best gps app for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Which is the best gps app for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I am using Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 2 tablet which is a Wi-Fi only device and as it include a GPS radio for maps as well as navigation I need to make a good use of it. It also came to my notice that samsung also sells a car mount that will work with the Tab 2 which indicates that it is expecting from users to make use of the tablet in place of a separate GPS or else phone. So I am concerned to an GPS app which will render al my requirements. I just tried with some of the apps but which could be better from your point of view. Are you guys knowing regarding the same as I searched a lot on web , but couldn’t find much suitable for my device. So if you know some please provide an best solution with which I will be able to render my GPS needs.

Re: Which is the best gps app for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

According to me, I think Waze will all do in your favour. I tested this app and it really works great with Samsung galaxy tab 2. I was manually caching 10-mile sections of map data for offline access. But my friend was not satisfied with this one as it did not really cached up to 4 miles of map data so that he could navigate to his end even when he was offline.later it also came to my notice that for longer trips the situation gets iffy. This app didn’t have street information later about 5 miles, thus making it ineffective. But however it seems that,there is offline functionality in the iOS version. I might say that Google Navigation was working really better than this one. I was then able to show map data for an complete 200 mile trip even when I was in an offline mode. so , if you are not comfortable with this app , you can even choose Navfree which can work efficiently. So this is an GPS app which is designed particularly to work offline, doesn’t need online access to locate addresses and initiate navigation or to recalculate mid-trip. The major disadvantage is that a number of users found the maps imprecise. But that was not in my case as I didn’t for the locations I tried. Also in this section all map updates are accessible for free.

Re: Which is the best gps app for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Yes the previous posts says it correctly. As the first thing that it provides that it is absolutely FREE, as there is no need for data connection. You can also have some live Google or Microsoft Bing Search. make use of power of internet search to locate places. Total mobile navigation - the equivalent experience as your PND on your mobile device. With this you can also try different one such as Sygic which is a voice guided GPS navigation app. It's packed with most recent maps along with a robust set of navigation characteristics. Both app as well as maps are updated for free. So you can also make use of navicon as this one is also great.