Thread: Video card crashes randomly in Dell Precision M65

Video card crashes randomly in Dell Precision M65

I am using Dell Precision M65 laptop and I have windows vista operating system. My laptop I have Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM and nVidia Quadro FX 350M graphics. I am experiencing random crashes in my laptop. Not matter what I do in my laptop it crashes suddenly and screen goes black for some seconds and then comes back to normal with the message saying system has recovered from a video card failure. I have open device manager and right clicked on the Nvdia card and then uninstalled the drivers and then I have restarted my laptop. I have tried to search latest graphics drivers for my laptop but I am not able to find it. After restarting my laptop I have installed graphic drivers again in my laptop but after doing that I was getting same problem. I don’t know what is causing this problem. If anyone have experienced same issue and have solution then let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Video card crashes randomly in Dell Precision M65

First thing I will suggest you to open start menu in your system and the you have to type msconfig and press enter. When you see system configuration utility at then you have to click on the Selective startup radio button in general tab and then uncheck Load startup items box. After that you have to click on the Hide all Microsoft services option from services tab. Now click on disable all option. After clicking on OK you have to select restart option. When your laptop restart at that time you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? If you are not getting same problem after trying this steps then it means any of the software in your laptop is causing this problem.

You have mentioned that after reinstalling the graphic drivers from your laptop also you are facing same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that download nVidia Quadro NVS 110M drivers version A01 97.46 from the official site of the Dell. You can also download the A01 97.46 drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Once you download the drivers you have to uninstall the drivers which are already installed in your Dell Precision M65 laptop and then you have to restart it. After restarting your Dell Precision M65 laptop have to install nVidia Quadro NVS 110M drivers version A01 97 in your laptop and then you have to check whether you are still facing crashing problem or not? According to me after updating the graphic drivers in your Dell Precision M65 laptop you will not face any problems.

Thank you for providing me solution. I have downloaded the drivers which Is mentioned in above reply and then when I installed it in my laptop at that time I get same problem. I have also reinstalled chipset drivers and then graphic drivers again but the does not helped me to solve this problem. Is there anything with my Dell Precision M65 laptop? Please help me to get rid of this problem. Thank you in advance.

I was also having same type issue with my Dell laptop and I have tried all the possible solution to fix this problem and then I have come to know that there is new version BIOS available on internet. After that I have downloaded latest BIOS installation file from Dell support site and then I have performed BIOS update in my laptop. After updating the BIOS my problem my problem gets solved. You should also visit official site of Dell and then you have to click in drivers and downloads option and select your laptop model number. From there you have to download latest BIOS version and then make bootable CD of it or make bootable USB flash and then update the BIO. After updating the BIOS you will not face any problem. if performing BIOS update does not solve your problem then you should contact Dell support and then ask then for solution and then they will help you with it.