Thread: Dell Inspiron N5110 integrated webcam not working

Dell Inspiron N5110 integrated webcam not working

I have dell Dell Inspiron N5110 which my boss gifted me. Dell Inspiron N5110 has good features. The problem in Dell Inspiron N5110 is that the integrated webcam is not working properly. I came to know about this problem after 3 months when I wanted to have a video call to my boss. I do not understand that from where this problem came. How do I run my webcam again. Please help me out from this problem?

Re: Dell Inspiron N5110 integrated webcam not working

I had the same problem in my laptop. I was not able to use my webcam for around two months. I discussed this problem with my friend and he suggested me to update the driver. I updated the driver of the webcam and I was able to use the webcam. I suggest you also to try updating the driver of the webcam and then check out the result of the problem. If the problem occurs after updating the drivers, restart the laptop and then try for the webcam and check for the problem. I don’t think so that you will be facing any problem after updating the drivers.

I was having the same problem and I came to know that the problem was with the compatibility of the webcam. To change the compatibility of the webcam follow the steps.
    • Search for the WebcamDell2.exe file in C:\Program Files\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central
    • Once you find the file then right click on that file.
    • Open properties of that file.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • In that change the compatibility from windows xp to windows 7 or the latest one available.

I think that the problem is due to virus. Viruses come to your computer via internet or from pen drives. They get downloaded from with the file which you download. They are very small in size and are attached with the file. It gets executed when run or open the file you downloaded. Viruses corrupt or delete the files from the hard disk. Most of the virus deletes some of the files of the drivers which support our hardware. I suggest you to scan your computer with an updated antivirus and even update your operating systems security features which will enable you to have a safe computer. After the successful scanning and removing the virus from your computer uninstall the webcam driver and install it again.