Thread: Blackberry curve 8520 does not recognize USB

Blackberry curve 8520 does not recognize USB

I am having Blackberry curve 8520 and I am facing a problem while I am connecting my Blackberry curve 8520 with my laptop. In my laptop I have installed Windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I connect my phone to the laptop it does not recognize my phone and it just starts charging the phone. I tried connecting my phone to the different laptop it got connected. Please tell me what should I do solve this problem?

re: Blackberry curve 8520 does not recognize USB

I think that you should try different USB cable to connect your Blackberry curve 8520. When you connect your Blackberry curve 8520 with different USB cable and if your laptop does not recognize your device then plug out the USB cable from the current port and try plug in the USB cable to the different USB port. After connecting the device in different USB port check whether the same problem is occurring or not. After connecting the Blackberry curve 8520 to different USB port I don’t think that you face the same problem again in your laptop.

Try updating your Blackberry curve 8520 drivers from your laptop. To update your Blackberry curve 8520 drivers from the device manager follow the steps.
    • Right click on my computer.
    • Go to properties.
    • Open device manager.
    • You will find your Blackberry curve 8520 in other devices.
    • Right click on Blackberry and select the update driver’s option.
    • It will automatically update the drivers and complete the process.
    After the update is complete, if it prompts you to restart your laptop then restart it and if does not prompt you then I suggest you to restart it manually. As the laptop will restart it will be compatible with the new software updates. You can connect the device to check for the problem but as I far as I know that that your problem should be solved after the updates.

I was having the same problem with my Blackberry bold 9520. I told one of my friend about this problem and he advised me to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software. When I installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software in my computer first I was not able to connect my phone. But after restarting the computer when I connected the phone to the computer I was able to connect the phone. As my problem got solved after installing BlackBerry Desktop Software. I am not sure about Blackberry curve 8520 but I think that you should also try to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software in your laptop and I think that after installing BlackBerry Desktop Software your problem will get solved.

I think that the problem is occurring due to the Operating system. Your laptop might be having viruses and the viruses may have crashed some of the files related to blackberry. Try removing the viruses from your laptop. If that doesn’t work then I am sorry to say you that you have reinstall the whole operating system and if possible try installing windows 7 32 bit.