Thread: Fix error message caused data loss in blackberry bold 9520?

Amit Mhasalka Guest

Fix error message caused data loss in blackberry bold 9520?

I have blackberry bold 9520 and I am using from last few month. It is nice product of blackberry and it has superb touch sensitivity. Blackberry messenger is one best social messenger for our generation people. It is have superb movie clarity and smart look. It is working fine but suddenly when I am playing music it shows error message. the message is memory card is corrupted and if you need to repair press yes to format memory card. If I press yes then I think it delete everything and my all data is lost but I don’t want to loss my data. Anyone have idea how can I solve this problem?

Re: Fix error message caused data loss in blackberry bold 9520?

I have got same problem in my blackberry 9900 which I brought before a month. My phone and memory card both is new and all working fine but suddenly occurred problem with memory card. Even I don’t understand what issue is this and why this problem is facing to me at this time. I switch off the phone and return on again but I cannot fix problem. So, I remove the memory card and reinsert it because sometimes if card is not inserted properly than that kind of problem is occurred with phones. After reinserting memory card phone is working fine and cannot lost any data.

I recently brought blackberry bold 9520 from BB store. I love Blackberry because of it messenger. My last phone is used also Blackberry curve 8520 but it is going too cheap and I tired with QWERTY keypad. So, I brought a new BB bold 9520. It is nice phone. I was occurred same problem with this phone when I am using internet. Maybe some virus or spam downloaded to memory card that’s why this problem occurred. I am tens at that time because I thought I lost my all data. But I ask to my one friend about this problem because he has good knowledge in phones and troubleshooting. After a small discussion he took my memory card out from phone and attached to computer through card redder. Copy all data from memory card to PC and format it twice and Re paste data to memory card from PC. Insert memory card into phone. Now all is working fine.

I have blackberry curve 8520 phone which I got last week. This is my first phone and my favorite brand so I love it too much. Next day I got one 4 GB memory card from one vendor. I download some song and video from internet. Today morning I got one error which is “your memory card contains errors; want to remove this error format it". I don’t want format it because I don’t want loss my photos which capture in those last few days. So, is this any solution to solve this problem without losing data? Please help guys if have any solution really don't want to loss this photos.

I was occurred this problem last month in my blackberry curve 8520 when I was just attached to my laptop. At that time by mistake I press yes and my all data is loss. So, I understand how much it hurts when we lost the data. I will tell some ways to protect your data and how to come out form this problem.
    You can reboot your phone and check problem is occurred.
    Remove the Memory card and reinsert it again. Maybe card is not inserted properly.
    Use the disk repair options with the media card in the Blackberry.
    If you run Blackberry device OS 5.0 you can run the device repair application. It will address the media card, as well as internal device memory file system.
    You put this card into a different BB and see problem occurred with this phone also.
    You put this card into a PC by card reader and take backup data and format it.
    Use the Windows or MAC disk repair tools to repair Memory card.
    I hope any one of them solves your problem and if you continuously occurred this problem then contact to your nearer blackberry store. I advise you that you obtain a known-good card (good brand) . Always frequently take back-Up of your card because that kind of problem is not coming with prior warning. This is best defense to protect your data.

Thank you sir for your reply, I reboot my phone and reinsert memory card but cannot fix issue. So, I solve my problem with help of taking backup of memory card in my laptop and format it. Now everything is working fine and from now I always take backup as per your advice. Thank you once again for your that much of solution which help me as well as many people who using this forum.