Thread: Dell Latitude E5510 not loading boot menu.

Dell Latitude E5510 not loading boot menu.

I have Dell Latitude E5510 with windows 7 installed in it. When I started the laptop in the morning it was working fine and when I start it on afternoon it created a problem. It was not showing me the boot menu. It starts normally but when I press F12 the display becomes black. It starts from the top of the screen and rolls down and the display turns to black and I am not able to do anything after that. I have to restart the laptop and the same problem occurs after restarting it does not even load the operating system. Please help me in solving this problem?

Re: Dell Latitude E5510 not loading boot menu.

I may not be sure about this but I think that the problem is with the hardware in your Dell Latitude E5510. I think that the BOIS chip has been crashed due to some problem. You have to reinstall the BIOS chipset of your Dell Latitude E5510. I suggest you to give your Dell Latitude E5510 to the dell service center. If you give it to any local hardware store I personally don’t think that your chipset will be genuine and work for more than five to seven months. You can show your Dell Latitude E5510 to any hardware professional as he can provide you the exact solution for the problem you are facing in your Dell Latitude E5510.

Re: Dell Latitude E5510 not loading boot menu.

I was having the same problem with my Dell inspiron N5010. I restored the whole computer and I got my problem solved. Here are the steps that how I restored my laptop. But before restoring the whole laptop I suggest you to take the back up of your laptop so that you can have your data back when you need it.
    1. Turn on your laptop.
    2. Press F8 when the laptop starts.
    3. After pressing F8 it will take you to Advance Boot options
    4. Select Repair your computer.
    5. Select the language and click next
    6. Login and then click ok. Login as an administrator or with user having administrator rights.
    7. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
    8. In Dell Factory Image Restore window, click next.
    9. Click on reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
    10. Click next. The computer will restore to the default factory configuration.
    11. When the restore is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.