Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012

Zoom H4n audio is corrupt

I know there have been posts similar to this, but I've already tried the suggestions from those posts, and still have not managed to recover the audio.

My H4n died while recording, and I have files reading 0 kb. I've tried to run it through disk drill for a raw recovery, and I get 8 kb files, but when I import the raw data into audacity, there's no waveforms.

Also VLC player can't do anything with the files.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 08-05-2012

Re: Zoom H4n audio is corrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbloom08 View Post
I know there have been posts similar to this, but I've already tried the suggestions from those posts, and still have not managed to recover the audio.

My H4n died while recording, and I have files reading 0 kb. I've tried to run it through disk drill for a raw recovery, and I get 8 kb files, but when I import the raw data into audacity, there's no waveforms.

Also VLC player can't do anything with the files.

Anyone have any thoughts?
I have checked about the same and have found that some people were able to Recover a Corrupt Zoom H4n File by changing the file extension to .RAW and importing that to Audacity, just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping.
Old 09-05-2012

Re: Zoom H4n audio is corrupt

Thanks for the reply, but it looks like that isn't helping. I just get a track with no waveforms.

I'm importing the .raw file as raw data. Encoding at signed 24 bit. Byte order- little endian. Channel- 2 channels (stereo). Starting offset at 910 bytes. And my sample rate is 48000 Hz. Those are settings I saw other forums recommend for this situation, but let me know if any of that sounds wacky.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,