Thread: Samsung Galaxy Ace not connecting in Windows 7 64 bit

Samsung Galaxy Ace not connecting in Windows 7 64 bit

I recently installed windows 7 in my computer. I am also having Samsung galaxy Ace smartphone. When I connected the phone to the PC it automatically gets disconnected after sometime. I was not getting this kind of problem when I was using windows xp. Can anyone provide a solution for this problem?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace not connecting in Windows 7 64 bit

I think that the problem is with the settings in the device. You have to change the settings from the phone. You may not have changed the USB settings in the device. Change the USB debugging settings from your phone. To change the USB debugging settings follow the steps.
    1. Open menu and go to settings.
    2. In settings go to application
    3. In application settings untick the USB debugging option.

I had the same problem. I tried a lot of ways to connect the phone with the computer. But nothing happen, I tried at my friend computer also but same problem not getting connect. I also tried connecting it on windows xp, nothing happen. I told my friend about the problem he advised me to change the USB cable. When I changed the USB cable and connect the phone it was connected. I suggest you also to check the phone by connecting it with another USB cable.

The problem might be due to viruses. The virus may have corrupted the files of the software. Check for the viruses in your computer. It is possible that the drivers in the Samsung kies software might not be installed properly. Try to repair the software and then connect the phone. If repairing doesn’t work then uninstall the software and reinstall it again. Before reinstalling the software don’t forget to check for the virus in your system. After virus scanning install the software so that no problem occurs in installing and connecting the phone.

Try updating your software which you are using to connect the phone. There can be a problem in the drivers of the software. There is possibility that the version you are using might not be supporting your phone. So my suggestion to you is to update your software and then connect your phone.