Thread: Lenovo t420 webcam is blank at a time of calling

Lenovo t420 webcam is blank at a time of calling

I have Lenovo T420 laptop with Windows 7 Home premium x64 bit edition. It is working too smooth and great. The entire thing is working great but I have problem with webcam. My web camera is too good in normal check but in call it is grayed out. I rebooted my system many times but cannot fix problem. so any one please help how to come out from this issue?
    Thank you in advance

Re: Lenovo t420 webcam is blank at a time of calling

I have Lenovo g550 and installed windows 7 ultimate edition. It is working fine and performance is outstanding. It gives best graphic exhilaration. I got same problem my camera is showing a blank at the of call and solve this issue by help of Google. i will tell you how to solve this problem. first check your camera is recognize in device manager successfully which is at My computer>> properties >> hardware >> device manager. And if it is detected to device manger than check your driver is compatible with windows 7 and properly installed or not. Sometimes driver are not compactable with some OS download driver from Lenovo’s official website. After that uninstall the old driver, reboot your machine and further install driver. I hope this will solve your issue.

I have same problem in dell inspire m5030. I had virus problem in my laptop. So I install a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and install entire driver. After installing all driver and software when I start my webcam to chat with my friend but my camera is not working. It is just blank. I didn’t get this problem before. My camera is working fine before installation of new OS. I tried many times and reinstall webcam driver but have same problem. I checked in device manager also but camera is recognizing successfully. No driver problem is shown there by yellow mark. so you guys please help me. What is wrong I do?

I have hp pavilion G6 with windows 7 home basic. Once a time I have same problem with my webcam. My camera is working at the starting stage but when I start Skype to make a video call so my camera is blank. I am worried but I check this problem on Google. I rebooted my computer, check for driver compatibility, uninstall and reinstall driver, done everything but camera is blank at calling stage. So, ask to my friend about this problem and after many troubleshoot he got a solution. My camera is used by another application so he closes all running application from task manager. After that exit Skype and start further and make call. Now my camera is well.

Sometimes this kind of problem is coming because of driver compatibility. I have got same problem in my Lenovo laptop. my camera is not working in windows 7 x64 bit computer but working perfect in windows xp and windows 7 x32 bit computer(I was install both Os win7 X32 and win Xp virtually to test my camera). I am shocked what is the issue? Why my camera is not working in win 7 X64 bit Os while both is windows 7 but there is difference in their bits where one is win7 X64 and another is win7 X32 bit. I got driver disc along with my laptop is supported to win7 x32 bit Os. So, I got a problem very clearly and install windows 7 x32 bit and now my camera is working awesome. One more example of this problem is Dell Inspiron 1525. The Dell Inspiron 1525 is an extremely popular model of laptop and is a very good choice for a Dual-Core cpu at a relatively good price point. However, it has one very big drawback, it ships with only a 32 bit OS and dell was not providing a driver for 64 bit OS on internet.

thanks Kork for your reply
    my problem is solved with help of your post. I also have problem bit because my webcam driver is for X32 bit which is provided In OEM disc and i install the x64 bit Os. so, i install windows7 x32 bit and my problem is solved. Now my camera is working fine.