Thread: Seagate 500 GB stopped working all of a sudden

Seagate 500 GB stopped working all of a sudden

is there anyone out there who could please help me out from the fix i am in.i was watching a video from the seagate go flex 500 GB HD i have with me...all of a sudden the video got stuck and there was no response....i then pressed cntrl+alt+del and switched of the laptop....but from that moment onwards my HD is not being recognized or read by laptop...i tried changing the cable and trying yo use it in other laptop but to no avail.....when i fix the seagate only the light is on but no movement inside the seagte HD.....

Re: Seagate 500 GB stopped working all of a sudden

Ok here are few things that you need to check. Plug in the Seagate HDD to any USB port of the computer, turn on the go flex seagate and then check for the following things.

1) Seagate drive is displayed in the BIOS?
    2) Right click on to the My Computer, then go to manage, then disk management, Actions and Rescan Disks. In that check whether the Seagate drive is getting displayed or not?

in case if it does not gets displayed then try using some different USB cables and see if there is any difference or not.

Still if nothing works then better show it to the Seagate service center. That would be the last option for you.

how do i see if its there in the BIOS....i am not well versed with computer so.....thanks for ur reply....there are lots of important things i need from that......

Quote Originally Posted by revjijovarghese View Post
    how do i see if its there in the BIOS....i am not well versed with computer so.....thanks for ur reply....there are lots of important things i need from that......
    Which operating system you are running? if you want to try out some trouble shooting then you can go through the below article.
    Troubleshooting hard drive issues