Thread: Nokia 701 can’t connect to ovi suite by Usb

Nokia 701 can’t connect to ovi suite by Usb

I have brought Nokia 701 before a month. I am really happy to use this phone. It gives nice gaming support and outstanding performance. I brought it in white color and it's really looks smart in this color. After upgrading a firmware my phone is cannot connect to Ovi suite by USB. When I try to connect with ovi suite it shows this message " the USB Cable probably has not installed properly " and " connect Usb cable to Device". I dis-connect and re-connect the Cable but phone not identifies. I make sure my phone is in the PC Suite Mode and further try again but phone is not connect. It connect with Mass storage and Music transfer mode but not with Pc Suite Mode. Someone please help me how to solve this problem?. I am using OVi suite 3.3.
    Thanks In advance

re: Nokia 701 can’t connect to ovi suite by Usb

I have Nokia N8 and it is great phone. I am really happy to use this phone. This phone provides best gaming experience. I got a problem with this phone. It shows this message “error NOKIA USB Phone Parent” when I try to connect with Ovi Suit. It is not a big issue but I want to fix it. So, I started troubleshooting with phone and Ovi Suite. I am reboot the Phone, dis-connect Usb and re-connect, use another Cable and restart Pc but cannot fix problem. I am nervous and little bit tens. I search on internet about my problem and after searching on many pages and website I got a solution which is Restore Factory Setting or Hard reset the phone. it was solved my problem. So, Try both if may be one of them help you to solve your problem. I will give you the steps here.

Backup all contact and important data from phone
    Remove Memory Card (If inserted)
    Dial *#7370# and press Ok.
    Enter your Security Code (Default is 12345)
    Phone is restarted and takes few minute to rollback your setting
    Now Connect your phone With Ovi Suit

I have Nokia 701 and it is best phone. I am always use my phone for Using Application and Different Games. I understand your problem because before a few days I was suffered with this problem. I was worried at that day and talk to my friend about this problem. He is troubleshooting my pc and phone both and solve my issues and teach me how to solve this problem if problem is coming further. So, I give you the Steps How to solve it.
    1. Disconnect your Phone and remove the Cable.
    2. Exit from PC Suite.
    3. Go to control Panel >> Devices and Printers.
    4. Find your Device and Delete from there.
    5. Now Connect your phone with Pc.
    6. In a notification area you can see message “Installing driver for Nokia 701”.
    7. Click on that message and see all thing go successfully then Start Ovi Suite.
    8. If not and any problem is shown by Red mark then reinstall Nokia Connectivity cable driver.
    9. Start the PC suite And your Phone is connected.

I have Nokia 701 and N8. I always use my both phone for games and Application. Many times I was suffering with this problem and solve by different method. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.
    1. Dis-connect and Re-connect Usb Cable
    2. Reboot your Phone and system both
    3. Try with Another USB cable if available otherwise check this cable with other device
    4. Don’t Use USB HUB and connect your phone Direct to PC
    5. If you Using USB HUB then Check Power Light
    6. Make Sure your device is in PC Suite mode and not In mass Storage and Music sharing mode
    7. Always use “safe to remove Option” from taskbar otherwise problem is persist
    8. Delete Device from control Panel >> Devices and Printers and reinstall the device
    9. Remove Pc Suite by Nokia Pc Suite Remover Application. ( It delete all related Files) and reinstall properly
    10. Restore factory setting and hard reset your Phone
    11. Upgrade firmware of your phone
    12. Flash your Phone
    13. Check Pins of your phones Usb jack ( If anyone is banned then do straight)