Thread: iMessage from ipad2 not working with iPhone user??

iMessage from ipad2 not working with iPhone user??

I used to be able to send iMessages regularly to my wife's iphone4s. For about a month now it stopped delivering messages to her & red exclamation marks appeared by the message since it didn't send. I use iMessage successfully with other iPhone & iPad users and so does she without any problems.

What I've tried:
    1. Deleting the entire thread and starting a new one with her only her name will be redded out saying she's not a registered iMessage user (which she is). Needless to say the messages will continue to be redded out as well.
    2. Reset the DNS settings and rebooted. Same problem. I sent a message to other iMessage users to see if it was a problem with iPad but it worked ok with them. Hers is ok too.

If anyone has any insight as to why this started happening and can offer solutions i havent tried I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Mandoster

Re: iMessage from ipad2 not working with iPhone user??

Yes, even i am a iPad 2 user and guess what even i had the same problem with iMessage. You wont believe i used to spend hours contacting the apple support about this they tried hard to get it solved but eventually failed. Now having gone through apple forums i found a solution from the user who asked me to re-sync the iPad. I switched off my iPad for sometime and then re-syncd it with the help of iTunes. Now it is working for me. So i would advise you to give a try for the same. Just by rebooting does not help. it is important to re sync it and see.