Thread: how to downgrade from Belle To Anna on Nokia?

how to downgrade from Belle To Anna on Nokia?

Hello friends, until now I have successfully downgraded my handset’s OS from Anna to Belle. Before starting anything let me tell you that when I was using Anna I didn’t have any issues or such serious problem using it neither do I have any problem with the current upgrade i.e. Belle. But now I am being worried with other people’s review and comments on Belle upgrade. There are numerous people who have come up with a huge number of complain and reports regarding this OS and that include my very own close friend.

He has been facing lot of problems with Belle. The worst one which he faced all the time was slow operation within the applications and software. Whenever he use to try to switch between the applications or screen the task use to take long time for completion which was quite annoying. Another major issue in his phone was with the SMS, his phone use to randomly and unexpectedly restart after every message has been sent. Also the automatic connection to the wifi network use to fails many times without his knowledge and so on. Other than this the most common ones were Vertical mode keyboard access, bad access to emoticons and symbols, worst look and access to drop down list of connection, date and time, unable to connect to the Bluetooth headset, no matter of which brand it belongs to. Until now I have not faced any of such problems but also I do not want to encounter any of them in future so therefore I am now planning to switch back to Anna. Don’t want to use Belle anymore; I don’t have enough time to spend on mobile repairing and anything like that. Is there anyone who can now help me to downgrade from Belle to Anna. No second thought, I need to downgrade to Anna with no other option. Let me know how can I downgrade.

Re: how to downgrade from Belle To Anna on Nokia?

Not sure but as far as I know downgrading is not so possible task. The entire phone which has them contains an inbuilt feature that somehow together the handset once if the downgrade is completed successfully. Anyways I personally think that the only option left with you is to try re-installing Belle and then check whether you face any kind of above mentioned problems. Make sure that reinstall the phone by formatting the handset, once done with than only then reinstall it again. And if ever you face any problem then do not forget to take your device to the Nokia care center and then show it to them. There are possibilities that the handset have some serious issue with the hardware and not with the software which you are talking about.

I still remember, once due to some problem purely with the software itself I was told to get my N8-Belle Phone to the Nokia care center and there I learnt that those people do re-flash the phone and then make it a brand new Anna device. I actually never took the phone to the care center because most of the issue which I face by me is fixed by myself, I need not have to go anywhere for the work to be done. Fortunately my phone does not showed any negative sign with Belle so therefore due to this reason I never took the device to the Care center. I do have another N8 device with Anna on it which is running quite well.

It’s very much impossible to perform the re-flash operation to be done by our own self; it is somehow to be done at the Nokia care center. That’s the reason I am worried with Belle installed in one of my phone, because I can’t fix the problem myself if anything is wrong with the software. I do not know how to re-flash the device.

Gaganvihari\\ Guest

Quite possible to downgrade from Belle to Anna in your N8 phone without bricking but I think you need not have to do that. I am very much sure that you can easily sort out the problems and issue that you have stated above without any necessary of downgrading or doing something unusual. All the problems you have stated above which has come up with Belle can be easily fixed in some of the other way with no further issues. Instead of downgrading you can simply fist try out restoring or refurbishing your OS, I mean to say that first format and then install a fresh and clear copy of Belle. It’s strictly suggested not to try out the operation by yourself until and unless you are sure with whatever you are doing, maybe there are chances that your warranty is voided which may end up with having a bricked phone. If planning to reinstall from Nokia suite then I must say that it’s a very bad idea because Nokia Suite actually does nothing with respects to formatting the phone and mass memory. If all the solutions fail only then try to go with the downgrade operation.

Anyways talking about all the issues you have mentioned above can also be due to the application coming from Anna update or also there can be possibilities of hardware degradation that could simply effect the phone all the time.

There are certain things that you need to know while formatting the phone. The first and the foremost thing is to make sure that you do not take the backup of your phone before you go on to format your handset and also do not try to restore the Backup after the completion of the formatting process. I know you may find it funny with whatever I am saying but the fact is that backup can simply take back you phone to the old condition and therefore there are chances that all the problems can also come all the way again in your device. The reason is simple, you take the back up of your old state phone and then again after you do the format you restore the backup which bring back all the old content of your pre-formatted phone which could take the phone back to the previous condition probably with all the pre-existing issues too. Simply reinstall from the scratch without the backup process. Regarding the game saves, if you had any you can simply do a web search and then find number of game saves, back up those folders and then place those folders back to your phone after the installation of the game.