Thread: Will skype work with Nokia X2-01?

Will skype work with Nokia X2-01?

I have recently got this phone from one of my friend. Second hand phone I must say liked its features and all. Just have a small question in my mind about the compatibility with the skype. I want to know will this application work with this phone. if you don’t know then nokia X2-01 is a Symbian 40 phone that’s when the doubt surfaced in my mind about the working of the application in this phone. so what do you all have to say about the same.

I did ask couple of my friends about the same and they told me that it is impossible to run this particular application in the friend but I don’t believe them. That’s why I have come here to seek some opinio9n from you all. Do reply on the same guys.

Re: Will skype work with Nokia X2-01?

No dude skype is not compatible with your phone. if you check the minimum specifications required to run this application at your phone then skype requires at least 700MHz-1GHz processor to run. I don’t think so your phone has that capacity and upon that your phone is a S40 phone don’t you think it’s a pretty outdated phone to get.

You could have went ahead and got a Nokia E63 the chances of running the skype was much better in that. Skype requires a good 3G or a wifi connection and both this mode are not supported in your phone. so how can you work on this application. Anyways you made a good choice of asking this question over here. if you want a good messenger to chat in your phone then you can go ahead with Whatsapp. Whatsapp will work with your phone and it is a nice messenger like skype. Only thing that you will miss in whatsapp is the calling feature. Whatsapp does not support any kind of calling feature at all in any phones. I hope that was enough for you. any other doubts you have regarding the same then please do feel free to ask here.