Thread: Text message displays only phone number but no caller name after Symbian Belle update in Nokia E7

Text message displays only phone number but no caller name after Symbian Belle update in Nokia E7

I hope you all have read the title properly. So what I want to ask here is that I have updated my phone with the symbian belle. Now the problem is that in all the text messages that I get I get to see the contact number and not the caller name. so if I don’t remember the contact name of that person then I wont be able to get to know who has sent me the message. In the phonebook the contact is stored by the name of the person then how come it is not showing me in the persons message? That’s what I am nit understanding. This did not happen in the symbian anna update the issue has surfaced only with the symbian belle update. What do you all think what should be done to get this issue solved, I am waiting for the response from your side. Do reply on to this. You reply would be appreciated.

re: Text message displays only phone number but no caller name after Symbian Belle update in Nokia E7

This issue normally occurs when there is more than one contact in your phone. so do check out for the duplication in the contact. If you find such then delete the duplicated contact and then reboot the phone and see. So do check out for that and let me know if it works for you or not.

re: Text message displays only phone number but no caller name after Symbian Belle update in Nokia E7

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    This issue normally occurs when there is more than one contact in your phone. so do check out for the duplication in the contact. If you find such then delete the duplicated contact and then reboot the phone and see. So do check out for that and let me know if it works for you or not.
    Hey thanks a lot for the solution but the sad thing is that it did not work for me. I gave a try since what I felt is that there is a logic in this solution but the thing is that I did not find any kind of duplicated contact in the phone. so that’s why I thought of leaving behind the solution.

Do you all have any replies for the said problem then let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for the replies from you all. Do reply over here.

Hi what you can do is try flipping the contacts from the sim card and then back to the phone memory. First allow it to show the contacts from the sim card and then back to the phone memory. See what difference does it makes. I know this is a weird solution and also there is no logic attached to this solution but still it did work for me. So give a try for the same and let me know what do you all think about it. that’s it from my side for you.