Thread: Google maps not working in Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Belle

Google maps not working in Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Belle

This is a real problem that I am facing with my phone I can’t use my Google maps can you all imagine this? I don’t like the inbuilt navigation in my nokia phone. so I have the habit of using the google maps in my phone. now after updating to the Symbian Belle I cant use the Google maps. Is there anyone else who is facing such kind of problem? This is a major bug that needs to be fixed up as soon as possible that’s what I feel.

Anyways guys I need some opinions from you all on this. do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the response from you all.

Re: Google maps not working in Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Belle

Even I am having the same problem with my Nokia N8. I know this is a major bug but the strange thing is that nokia people aren’t interested in getting it fixed. They are bust with their Lumia phones it seems not bothered about the symbian users. See one option that I can give you is try using wifi instead of the data connection. Google maps cannot connect to the internet hence it will not open up. Open the Google maps with wifi and not with the data connection that you have in your phone. Google maps do open up with the wifi but they are too slow. It’s better to get something rather than getting nothing. So go ahead and give a try for this one until some official update from nokia fixes up this issue.

unsure Re: Google maps not working in Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Belle

I don’t know what’s the problem with your phone. In my case Google maps are working perfectly well. what you should do is keep both the mobile data and the wifi option on. Google maps will work perfectly in that.

I have seen a lot of issues related to the Google maps with Nokia N8 but interestingly I have had no issues with this phone. I don’t know is it a sheer luck or something. But you can give a try for the said suggestion. I am definitely sure that it will help you out.

Re: Google maps not working in Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Belle

I just want to know which version of google maps are you using for your phone? See the Google map version 4.1 definitely works with this phone. if you are having any previous version to the 4.1 then don’t update it. I would say you better uninstall that version of Google maps do a small reboot on the phone and then install the Google maps 4.1 version in your phone. Once you have installed that version then switch on the mobile data and WiFi buttons from the drop down menu.

One of my friend has suggested me this method. It worked for me. I am sure it will work out for you as well. as this method works in most of the symbian belle phones. Do give it a try dude.