Thread: Nokia OVI suite does not detect Nokia 701

Nokia OVI suite does not detect Nokia 701

Before some days I have bought Nokia 701 mobile phone and this mobile phone his very nice. When I connect my Nokia 701 mobile phone with my computer via USB cable and then when I open Nokia OVI suite at that time Nokia OVI suite does not detect my device. I have disconnected Nokia 701 mobile phone and then connected it with different USB port but after dong that also I was facing same problem. I have also open control panel in my computer and then clicked on the ad and remove programs after clicking on the add and remove programs I have uninstalled Nokia OVI suite from my computer and run Ccleaner. After that I have rebooted my computer and then I have installed Nokia OVI suite again in my computer. is there any other way to solve this problem?

Re: Nokia OVI suite does not detect Nokia 701

I have read your problem and first thing I would like to ask you is when you connect your Nokia 701 mobile phone with your computer at that time your mobile phone will ask for which type of connection you want at that time which connection you select. If don’t select Nokia OVI connection then his type of problem takes place. you should first go to the menu and then select setting. in the setting option you have to tap on the connectivity and then you have to select USB option. After selecting the USB option you have to select Nokia OVI suite option and then you have to check whether it makes any differmce or not? if you are using USB hub with your computer then you have to connect your mobile phone directly instead of using USB hub. You should also try to connect your mobile phone with different USB data cable and then see whether Nokia OVI suite can detect your mobile phone or not? many times this type of problem takes place because the faulty cable.

I have tried to connect my Nokia 701 mobile phone with different USB cable but after trying that also I was experiencing same problem. Now after that I have also checked the connectivity setting in my Nokia 701 mobile phone but there was nothing wrong with the setting. I am not using USB hub in my computer. I have also reinstalled USB drivers in my computer but problem does not get solved. If I choose any other mode such as mass storage or media transfer or when I connect my mobile phone with different computer at that time it works properly. What should I do to solve this problem?

Well friends I am using Nokia E7 mobile phone and before few days there was similar problem occurred with me also and then I have first thought problem is with the Nokia USB cable but when I tried different USB cable at that time also I get same issue. Now after that I have take the backup of all the data from my mobile phone at time also same problem occurred. Now after that I have contact Nokia support and discussed about this problem at that time they have told me to install Nokia OVI suite 3.3.89 in my computer and then I have visited official site of Nokia and downloaded Nokia OVI suite 3.3.89 and installed it. After installing the Nokia OVI suite 3.3.89 when I tried to connect my phone with Nokia OVI suite at that time I didn’t get any problem. I think you should also install Nokia OVI suite 3.3.89 in your computer and then you have to check whether same problem is coming or not?

I am using Nokia 603 mobile phone and I am also getting same problem while connecting my mobile phone with Nokia OVI suite. I have tried all the possible solution to get rid of this problem but problem doesn’t get solved. I have downloaded and installed latest OVI suite from the official site of Nokia but that does not make any difference. If anyone has solution to resolve this issue then let me know.

As far as I know these types of problem take place if Nokia Connectivity cable driver is corrupted or missing.

• Click on start menu.
    • Select control panel.
    • Open ad and remove programs.
    • Look for the Nokia Connectivity cable driver.
    • Select change and repair option.

If you don’t see Nokia Connectivity cable driver in add and remove programs option then you need to install it. Go to the official site of the Nokia and then you have to download Nokia Connectivity cable driver from there and then install it in your computer. After installing that you have to restart your computer. Now connect your Nokia 701 mobile phone with your computer and then you have to check whether Nokia OVI suite recognize your device or not? I hope this trick will resolve your problem.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest go to control panel and then you have to View Devices. After selecting the View Devices option you have to delete all the devices from there. After doing that you have to restart your computer and after restarting the computer you have to connect your phone with your computer and it will install the required drivers again and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?