Thread: Nokia Suite closes while updating Nokia Asha 200

Nokia Suite closes while updating Nokia Asha 200

I am using Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone and I am experiencing problem with it. When I connected my Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone with Nokia suite in my computer at that time I get notification that updates are available for my mobile phone and then I have take the backup all the contacts and messages from with the help of Nokia Suite and when I proceed with the updates at that time Nokia suite closes automatically. I have uninstalled Nokia Suite from my computer and then I have deleted all the temporary files. Now after that I have downloaded Nokia Suite again from official site of Nokia ad then installed it again and after installing that when i tried to update my Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone at that time I get same problem. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Nokia Suite closes while updating Nokia Asha 200

With my Nokia Asha 303 Similar problem occurred with me also and then I have performed these steps to fix this problem. First I have connected my mobile phone with my computer and then I have taken backup all the data and entered *#7370# code in phone and performed hard reset (Always remove Memory card before hard reset). After performing hard reset when I have connected my mobile phone with my computer and tried to update it at that time I didn’t get any problem. You should also try this trick with your Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone and see what the result is.

If you have Nokia PC suite installed in your computer then try these steps to fix this problem. Open Nokia PC suite in and then click green software update icon next to application option and then you have to it will prompt you for downloading Nokia Software updater in your computer. You have to download Nokia Software updater and install it. Once you install Nokia Software updater in your computer you have to connect your Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone with your computer. After connecting your mobile phone software updater will check for latest updates for your device and if new updates are available then it will give you update option. if you face any problem while updating your Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone with Nokia software updater then let me know.

I have performed hard reset in my Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone and then I have connected my phone with my computer and then when I tried to update my phone at that time I get same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by installing Nokia software updater in my computer and then updating the phone but that does not make any difference. I don’t know what is wrong with it. If anyone has solution regarding this then please let me know thank you in advance.

Open my computer in your computer and then you have to double click on Program Files. In program file you have to open Nokia suite folder from Nokia and then go to the productapi folder. In that folder you will find productapiconfiguration.xml file. Right click on the productapiconfiguration.xml file and select open with notepad option. After doing that you have to look for the <TypeDesignator>RM-800</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>SD</SecuritySolution> and change it to <TypeDesignator>RM-800</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>NA</SecuritySolution>. You have to also look for the <TypeDesignator>RM-761</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>SD</SecuritySolution> and change it to <TypeDesignator>RM-761</TypeDesignator> <SecuritySolution>NA</SecuritySolution> and after doing this changes you have to save notepad file and then check whether it resolves your problem or not?

Yes I agree with the above solution. I was also experiencing same problem while updating the mobile phone with Nokia suite. Reinstalling the Nokia Suite in my computer does not help me to solve this problem and then I have come to know that by editing the productapiconfiguration.xml file from Nokia Suite directory I can resolve this problem and then I have tried that solution and my problem get solved. you should also try this trick and then me know what the result is.

I have open Nokia suite folder and then I have done necessary changes in the productapiconfiguration.xml file from the Nokia folder and saved it. Now after that when I tried to update my Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone at that time I didn’t get any problem. Now after updating the mobile phone in I am not able to use the default browser of my mobile phone. if I try Nokia browser which I have downloaded from the Nokia OVI store at that time it does not give me any problem. what should I do to use default browser in my mobile phone?

Many times after updating the mobile phone software this type issue can take place and to resolve this problem we have to reinstall the mobile phone software. You should connect your mobile phone with your computer and then open Nokia suite and then you have to click on reinstall software. After reinstalling the software you have to see whether you can use default browser or not?

Yes by reinstalling the software you can solve this problem. I am telling you this because in my Nokia Asha 200 mobile phone I was facing same problem and then I have reinstalled software in my mobile phone and my problem get solved. According to me you should try this solution and then your problem might get solved.