Thread: My blackberry 9600 won’t charge

My blackberry 9600 won’t charge

My phone was working fine until yesterday when I left it on charging .Today in the morning when I checked it was still low. I replugged the adaptor pin properly and left it to charge for another 2 hours, but still it won’t charge. Can anyone please help me?

Re: My blackberry 9600 won’t charge

The same thing has happened to me too in the past. I got around by changing the battery of my phone. You can always check your battery for sign of damage like when the battery is inflated it means that the chemicals in the battery have oxidized and are no longer chargeable or usable.

First of all you should never leave your phone to charge overnight as overcharging can damage the battery. I would also see if another charger would do the trick. Maybe the charger has gone bad.

If your phone is covered under warranty then go get it serviced by the BB service center.

When you plug in your phone to the charger do you get the battery charging indicator on the phone. If you don’t then maybe it’s a case of bad Charger or maybe the charger socket on the phone has come loose. It happens to a majority of phone users where the real culprit is not the Charger or the phone’s battery but the socket on the phone. Make sure to check that before making any unnecessary purchase.

My BlackBerry 9000 Bold won't charge. I bought a battery charger and two spare batteries from eBay for very little so can keep it going with 3 batteries but it is a pain that the USB socket is not working so I can't even back up my data and transfer to another BB. This appears to be a common problem. Anyone got any ideas on a pay as you go chip that I can use in India as I plan to visit in December and will still need to download emails?

Quote Originally Posted by Citibox Spain View Post
    My BlackBerry 9000 Bold won't charge. I bought a battery charger and two spare batteries from eBay for very little so can keep it going with 3 batteries but it is a pain that the USB socket is not working so I can't even back up my data and transfer to another BB. This appears to be a common problem. Anyone got any ideas on a pay as you go chip that I can use in India as I plan to visit in December and will still need to download emails?
    Its sad that you are running in to such issues but then if you phone is still under warranty then you can better contact the service center and get it fixed, they will help you out with the USB socket as well, anyways i did not understood what you meant by this line "Anyone got any ideas on a pay as you go chip that I can use in India as I plan to visit in December and will still need to download emails?" can you explain the same in a bit of detail?