Thread: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Can anyone help with the following problem My Acer laptop running Vista does not recognise my proline digital mp3 player when i plug it into the usb port. It recognises other flash drives when they are plugged into the same usb ports. When connected the backlight on the player illuminates but it is not to be found in device manager etc. It has worked previously and has music on it which still plays. Are the drivers onboard the device or will they be on the computers hard drive. Could the drivers be corrupted or lost. I am a novice and have limited knowledge to rectify problems but am willing to try.

Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Quote Originally Posted by molecatcher View Post
    Can anyone help with the following problem My Acer laptop running Vista does not recognise my proline digital mp3 player when i plug it into the usb port. It recognises other flash drives when they are plugged into the same usb ports. When connected the backlight on the player illuminates but it is not to be found in device manager etc. It has worked previously and has music on it which still plays. Are the drivers onboard the device or will they be on the computers hard drive. Could the drivers be corrupted or lost. I am a novice and have limited knowledge to rectify problems but am willing to try.
    If the driver is missing from the device manager then you will have to install them again,are the drivers marked with an yellow exclamation mark in the device manager or they are just not there, if they are not there then you will have to download the software that is required for it from the manufacturers website.

There is nothing showing in the device manager. The make of the player is Proline but cannot find any new drivers on the internet. Proline make electrical goods for many companies including comet where the item was bought. Anyone any ideas as to where I might the relevant drivers from.

There is nothing showing in the device manager. The make of the player is Proline but cannot find any new drivers on the internet. Proline make electrical goods for many companies including comet where the item was bought. Anyone any ideas as to where I might the relevant drivers from.
    Have you tried downloading the software that it requires?? you might have got a software cd with the player right?? if you have it then install the software using the cd and then the drivers will be installed automatically with the installation of the software.

Unfortunately the item did not come with any cd or software to download so without being able to locate the required drivers I am pretty stuck unless anyone has a solution which could overcome the problem. Searches on the net for proline drivers has proved negative

Unfortunately the item did not come with any cd or software to download so without being able to locate the required drivers I am pretty stuck unless anyone has a solution which could overcome the problem. Searches on the net for proline drivers has proved negative
    Can you just mention the model number of your Proline digital mp3 player so i can check out if there is a driver for the same on web or not.

Many thanks. Unfortunately there is no model number on the player. The only info i can give you is that it is a Proline digital MP3 flash drive player 1024mb Ver3.10.00. These were made by Kesa electricals PLC for the Comet group until February this year when the two split. Kesa have nothing on their website nor do Comet who are only the retailer. The player must have had the drivers already installed when purchased but I can only think that they have been deleted somehow or perhaps corrupted. When first used it was on my old computer which probrably had the drivers on its hard drive. I still have the bare hard drive which I took out of the computer before disposing of it but have no means of accessing it.