question MSI GT780 performance issue

Good Day! I have a MSi GT780 gaming notebook
    Specs:
    i5-2410 @ 2.30GHz
    Ram: 8GB
    System Type: 64-bit Operating system
    16:9 Led Panel
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 1.5 GB DDR5

it can handle any modern games in max settings like skyrim, gta iv, battlefield 3,etc. JUST WHEN THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN. but without the charger plugged in, the performance of my laptop in terms of gaming dropped. like it lags all the time even i set the settings of the games listed in low settings. it is very inconvenient for me because what if im in outdoor and i want to play, u know what i mean?
    im just dissapointed because it is a top notch gaming laptop and it just doesnt meet my satisfaction.
    any help pls????

Re: MSI GT780 performance issue

Quote Originally Posted by portgazdace View Post
    Good Day! I have a MSi GT780 gaming notebook
    Specs:
    i5-2410 @ 2.30GHz
    Ram: 8GB
    System Type: 64-bit Operating system
    16:9 Led Panel
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 1.5 GB DDR5

it can handle any modern games in max settings like skyrim, gta iv, battlefield 3,etc. JUST WHEN THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN. but without the charger plugged in, the performance of my laptop in terms of gaming dropped. like it lags all the time even i set the settings of the games listed in low settings. it is very inconvenient for me because what if im in outdoor and i want to play, u know what i mean?
    im just dissapointed because it is a top notch gaming laptop and it just doesnt meet my satisfaction.
    any help pls????
    I just wanted to know that have you set the GPU to max performance on battery in high performance, it might be set to "balanced" by default, so just go in advanced settings and then make the change that i have suggested and see if it is making any difference or not.

ive done that before.set the battery to high perforrmance or eco gaming.but nothing changes...

ive done that before.set the battery to high perforrmance or eco gaming.but nothing changes...
    Its hard to guess the issue like that, i have found many people having issues with the performance of their laptop when the charger is unplugged and when they are using it on battery mode specially while playing games, below are few basic troubleshooting that you should try out.
    • Make a through scan of your system with a recommended antivirus.
    • Carry out the De-fragmentation process.
    • Try running disc clean up
    • If possible then try running Reginout scan as well.

just try out these things and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by BpnV View Post
    Its hard to guess the issue like that, i have found many people having issues with the performance of their laptop when the charger is unplugged and when they are using it on battery mode specially while playing games, below are few basic troubleshooting that you should try out.
    • Make a through scan of your system with a recommended antivirus.
    • Carry out the De-fragmentation process.
    • Try running disc clean up
    • If possible then try running Reginout scan as well.

just try out these things and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case.
    I dont know that much of antiviruses. Could you recommend one antivirus to use?

I dont know that much of antiviruses. Could you recommend one antivirus to use?
    Below are the antivirus that are said to be "Best Free Recommended Antivirus softwares" you can try using any of these but then make sure that you are using only one, having multiple antivirus on one system can run in to various issues.
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Avast! Free Antivirus
    • AVG Free
    • Avira Antivirus

done all the steps uve given. no changes ocurred. still lags when a/c adapter is not plugged in. the sims 3 lags, red alert 3 lags, all games that do not require high requirements lag.

Actually, when you plug your laptop to the socket, it should have High Performance or Balanced or Recommended power mode system. These all modes lets the CPU to be maxed to its potential or full power with its maximum limit. After that when you unplug your laptop it goes to power saver mode and thus the cpu doesnt works to its potential, which is the reason why the games might be lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by super cop View Post
    Actually, when you plug your laptop to the socket, it should have High Performance or Balanced or Recommended power mode system. These all modes lets the CPU to be maxed to its potential or full power with its maximum limit. After that when you unplug your laptop it goes to power saver mode and thus the cpu doesnt works to its potential, which is the reason why the games might be lagging.
    i know that. but ive compared this unit to acer 4755g (nvidia gt540m). games like red alet 3 or the sims 3 do not lag in this unit wether plugged in or not. still wondering why my msi gt780 (nvidia GTX 560m) couldnt handle those games with no ac charger plugged in.