Thread: Cannot use 3G connection in Nokia Lumia 800

Cannot use 3G connection in Nokia Lumia 800

I have recently bought Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and I am facing problem with this mobile phone. In my mobile phone I cannot use 3G connection. When I try to use internet in my mobile with the help of WIFI at that time I don’t get any problem but I cannot use WIFI connection. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot use 3G connection in Nokia Lumia 800

I have read the problem which you have mentioned and I think you are facing this problem because of the wrong APN setting. you should first check in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone whether APN setting is proper or not. Most of the times this type of problem occurs due to wrong setting. I hope after doing the proper setting your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution many times because of the wrong setting this type of problem occurs and to solve this issue we have to do the proper setting. First you have to go to the setting in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and after that you have to select the mobile network in your mobile phone. Now after selecting the mobile network you have to tap on the edit APN and then you have to check whether all the settings are ok or not. you should also try to solve this problem by clearing all the setting and then restarting the Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and after that you have to do all the setting again and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

Try the above solution and then let me know what the result is.

Well above solution does not help you then I will suggest you to contact the network provider which you are using in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and then ask for the proper configuration. Now after that they will tell steps to do proper setting and then you have to restart the device after doing that your problem will get solved. I hope after trying this solution you will be able to use the 3G in your mobile phone.

I will suggest you to remove the SIM card from your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and after removing the SIM card from your device you have to insert any other SIM card in your mobile phone and then you have to check whether you are able to use the 3G or not. if you are facing the same problem then it means problem is with the Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and if you don’t get the same problem then problem is with the SIM card.

I have checked all the APN setting in my Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and I have also tried to solve this problem by clearing all the setting and doing all the setting again in my Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone but after doing all the setting again in my device also I was facing the same problem.

With other SIM card also my Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone giving me the same problem. if anyone have solution for this then let me know.

According to me you should first connect your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone with your computer or laptop and then you have to take the backup of all the data and after taking the backup you have to disconnect the mobile from your laptop or computer. now you have to do restore factory setting in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and after doing the restore factory setting you have to try to use the 3G connection in your phone and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. if problem get solved after that then you should restore all the data in your phone and then your problem will get resolved.

If you want to reset your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone then you have to perform the following steps.
    • First go to the setting in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone
    • After that you have to select the about option.
    • now after that you have to select the reset mobile phone.
    • After that you have to insert the lock code.
    • Now select yes. After that your phone will get reset.

If resetting the device does not help you to solve this issue then you have to contact the Nokia service center and then you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing in your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and then they will check your device and after that your problem will get solved. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

I have reset the mobile phone after taking the backup of all the data from your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone and after resetting the when I tried to use the 3G in my mobile phone at that time I didn’t get any problem. After that I have restored all the data. Now I am not facing any problem. Thank you for helping me.

idea Re: Cannot use 3G connection in Nokia Lumia 800

I also had similar issues with my Lumia 800, which I've fully updated.

My 3G/Edge connection was sort of working in the beginning, but after the updates it stopped functioning completely.

I edited the APN, switched between Edge/3G and it still didn't work.

After reading through other forums, I saw that people mentioned the Network Setup app.
    So I downloaded the "Network Setup" application (by Nokia) from the Marketplace and used that to setup my Internet APN and MMS AP. Since I've done that, my 3G connection is working again!

I hope this is of help to other people too!

So far I'm not pleased with all the issues that Windows Phone has given me, from which this 3G and no USSD replying (no fix for this yet) issues are the most annoying ones.