Thread: Error 3f0: boot device not found with Compaq CQ10 netbook

Error 3f0: boot device not found with Compaq CQ10 netbook

I am using the Compaq CQ10 netbook and this was running well earlier but from last night when I try to start this then I am getting one error message as “boot device not found” and this is having the error code 3f0. Now I am not able to start my computer in any of the possible ways. This happens all the times when I start the system. There is no more information for this mentioned. Can you tell me that what can be the reason for this problem and how can I solve this problem? I have never faced this problem earlier and so not having any idea regarding this. Now I am totally dependent on the replies from here. Thank you so much in advance for the reply.

Re: Error 3f0: boot device not found with Compaq CQ10 netbook

Have you installed any of the new application in that? I am asking that because there is possibility that the application which you have installed is having some problem and because of that you are facing this problem. So try to start it in safe mode and see if that is getting started in safe mode or not. If it is getting started in safe mode then just restore the system to some earlier date when that was working without any problem. The restore process might take some time according to your system and when it is completed with the process then your system will be restarted automatically and you will get all the settings as the same as that day. This is one of the most possible solutions for the issues like this and I hope that this will be helpful for you.

Trying to restore the system is good idea but in case, if this does not solve the problem for you then there are three option for you and those are:
    • New disk.
    • New motherboard.
    • New netbook (or laptop or tablet)

There are some of things that you can do for this problem and that I am listing below with the hope that it will be useful for you.
    • Check for the Hard disk connection
    • Update the BIOS to the latest
    • Check for the boot sequence
    • Reset the BIOS
    • Try by removing the hard drive and connect that with some other laptop or desktop