Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Portable Devices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player
  

Can anyone help with the following problem My Acer laptop running Vista does not recognise my proline digital mp3 player when i plug it into the usb port. It recognises other flash drives when they are plugged into the same usb ports. When connected the backlight on the player illuminates but it is not to be found in device manager etc. It has worked previously and has music on it which still plays. Are the drivers onboard the device or will they be on the computers hard drive. Could the drivers be corrupted or lost. I am a novice and have limited knowledge to rectify problems but am willing to try.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecatcher View Post
Can anyone help with the following problem My Acer laptop running Vista does not recognise my proline digital mp3 player when i plug it into the usb port. It recognises other flash drives when they are plugged into the same usb ports. When connected the backlight on the player illuminates but it is not to be found in device manager etc. It has worked previously and has music on it which still plays. Are the drivers onboard the device or will they be on the computers hard drive. Could the drivers be corrupted or lost. I am a novice and have limited knowledge to rectify problems but am willing to try.
If the driver is missing from the device manager then you will have to install them again,are the drivers marked with an yellow exclamation mark in the device manager or they are just not there, if they are not there then you will have to download the software that is required for it from the manufacturers website.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

There is nothing showing in the device manager. The make of the player is Proline but cannot find any new drivers on the internet. Proline make electrical goods for many companies including comet where the item was bought. Anyone any ideas as to where I might the relevant drivers from.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecatcher View Post
There is nothing showing in the device manager. The make of the player is Proline but cannot find any new drivers on the internet. Proline make electrical goods for many companies including comet where the item was bought. Anyone any ideas as to where I might the relevant drivers from.
Have you tried downloading the software that it requires?? you might have got a software cd with the player right?? if you have it then install the software using the cd and then the drivers will be installed automatically with the installation of the software.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Unfortunately the item did not come with any cd or software to download so without being able to locate the required drivers I am pretty stuck unless anyone has a solution which could overcome the problem. Searches on the net for proline drivers has proved negative
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecatcher View Post
Unfortunately the item did not come with any cd or software to download so without being able to locate the required drivers I am pretty stuck unless anyone has a solution which could overcome the problem. Searches on the net for proline drivers has proved negative
Can you just mention the model number of your Proline digital mp3 player so i can check out if there is a driver for the same on web or not.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Re: laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player

Many thanks. Unfortunately there is no model number on the player. The only info i can give you is that it is a Proline digital MP3 flash drive player 1024mb Ver3.10.00. These were made by Kesa electricals PLC for the Comet group until February this year when the two split. Kesa have nothing on their website nor do Comet who are only the retailer. The player must have had the drivers already installed when purchased but I can only think that they have been deleted somehow or perhaps corrupted. When first used it was on my old computer which probrably had the drivers on its hard drive. I still have the bare hard drive which I took out of the computer before disposing of it but have no means of accessing it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "laptop not recognising Proline digital mp3 player"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recognising TV Shows on WDTV Live Hub OlUncleWedge Technology & Internet 2 26-01-2012 08:08 AM
My Windows XP laptop has stopped recognising/working with my external hard-drives and USB flash-drives HowlCat Operating Systems 1 30-09-2011 01:00 PM
MS PROJECT: recognising the same resource from subprojects? charlir Microsoft Project 2 16-08-2011 01:57 PM
Cannot delete voice files from my Proline Digital mp3 player? Chadrick Portable Devices 5 11-06-2010 11:36 AM
Computer not recognising Camera... Antrix Portable Devices 4 27-02-2009 01:06 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:20 AM.