Thread: Cannot select/delete bulk emails in Samsung Galaxy S

Cannot select/delete bulk emails in Samsung Galaxy S

Hi all, I am using the Samsung Galaxy S and using the built in email client. My problem is that I am not able to select and delete all the emails. I am not getting any option to do that. I have gone through the manual of the phone it is also not mentioned there. I really want this feature as I get a lot of emails daily and it is very frustrating to delete them one by one. Other than this, I also wish to either delete otherwise hide a few of the built in applications like hubs. Is it possible to do this? If you have any idea that how this can be done then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Cannot select/delete bulk emails in Samsung Galaxy S

I think that it will be better if you use LauncherPro for this. LauncherPro is named as the best application of its kind for Android smartphones. Android is so famous for this freedom for users to be able to characterize almost total behavior of each operating system and therefore the use of your smartphone.

This ability is mainly valued in relation to the home screen, on which you will be able to install an application launcher, which makes software to be accessed the applications installed in the phone directly as of the main screen devoid of searching from the menus. LauncherPro allows all of this with the following characteristics:
    • Scrolling fast
    • Previews animated
    • Up to 7 customizable homescreen
    • Sliding Dock connections
    • Customizing icons pack available via the Android Market
    • Alerts, notifications and warnings directly on the dock launch
    • Optimization of memory for under-performing Smartphone’s

If you really wish to remove any of the system application then there is no option for you other than rooting your phone. This is the first thing that you need to do in order to remove the preinstalled apps from the phone otherwise that is not possible. Once you are done with that then you can simply go to Menu and open the settings and go to the Application. From there open the option that says “Manage Application”. From here, you will be able to uninstall any of the application that is installed in your phone. But you must keep in mind that rooting of the phone will void your warranty. So do it on your own risk. Good Luck!!!

Yes, this is not possible with this phone. I know that this is very disappointing for many of the users who were willing for this feature but don’t have any other option to manually delete the messages. Other than this, it will be better idea to delete the email at the same time when you open that to read (if you do not require that). This will be the best sue of this. For now, if you are giving a lot of emails in your inbox then just login from PC and delete them all from there. Once you are completed with that then you can open the email client and gain sync that with the server. From now onwards, you can continue with the reading and deleting the emails at the same time, as I have already mentioned. This is the only possible way that I can predict for now.

As far as I guess that the best method for this is to download your email to a client and once you are done with that then set your client to deleted messages as of the server. When you do this then from the next time, all the updated messages will be deleted. If this is not done then you can just go to webmail and from there you will be able to delete them. This is the only possible way that I can tell you and I don’t think that there is any alternate option for this. I hope that Samsung will implement this feature from the next release of their product so that user will not have to see for some alternate way to do this. This is a must have option that they should provide.

There are many of the other application which can handle our emails well. Just go to to the android market and see which are the highly rated applications that can be used to manage the emails. If you are having problem with the inbuilt application then there is no harm to make use of the third party application.