Thread: Questions about repairing and flashing in MTK 6516 android phone

Questions about repairing and flashing in MTK 6516 android phone

I don’t know if any of you all have heard about this phone or not but I want to ask several questions about this phone with you all. It’s a second hand phone that I had got from a market after getting to know that this is a android phone I decided to do some kind of experimentation's with it. Like to begin with it I want this phone new so either a flashing or a hard reset will work but I don’t know how to do that on this phone as this is very new. Once I am done with that I will check out which version of android it is having and will later try to upgrade it as well. So that’s what I am planning to do. Anyways first you tell me how to do the hard reset and all in the phone I want to know about that. Its better if you can give me some information on it. I am waiting for some response from your side. Do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Questions about repairing and flashing in MTK 6516 android phone

Here is how you do a hard reset on this phone follow the instructions that I am giving you out here and tell me if that works for you or not.

1) You can connect the phone to the PC and hold the volume down button. Now keep pressing it.
    2) Once you have connected the phone then turn on the phone.
    3) Now the phone will be booting in the factory mode.
    4) You should select the clear flash option by the volume down button i.e. ‘-‘ button.
    5) You can confirm the selection by pressing the menu button and confirming it.

So that’s how it is done. If you want then you can do a reboot. After rebooting the phone will be completely new for you. I hope that’s simple for you.

Hey there I want to know that is there any way by which we would be able to run skype in this particular phone. I have completely no idea which operating system it is currently running. So that’s why I am a bit afraid to run skype in it, anyways if you all are talking about this phone then you all surely will be having some idea whether this particular application is running or not in the phone, that’s what I want to say here. Also if I plan to upgrade my phone to android 2.1 or android 2.2 then how would I be able to do that?

I don’t think so you can run skype in this particular phone because as far as I know the minimum specifications required to run this app in your phone is android 2.1 as well as a 700MHz processor. I don’t think so your phone qualifies for any of them. So that’s why I don’t think so it would be possible to run skype in your phone. what you can try is running the skype beta version which is only a messenger I don’t think so there would be any problem with it. if you find some problem loading any applications from the android market then I would ask you to do a factory reset in the phone and then try that will definitely sort out the issue for you. I am telling you because even I had this phone sometimes back and I was not able to run any applications from the android market, after a successfully factory reset it is completely working for me now. Even you give a try for the same.

Hi I would like to tell you some of the steps that will help you to upgrade to android 2.1 but before that you will need to have this file named A3TAndroid20101224.zip, A3++ firmware, A3T android_update20101127 downloaded first. Once you are downloaded with the same. Follow the steps that I am giving you out here

1) Unpack the files that you have downloaded and copy the whole thing that you have extracted directly to the sd card.

2) Now turn off the phone. once you boot the phone turn the phone mode into the FACTORY MODE. Which you can do that by pressing the volume down and then click on insert.

3) Allow the process to continue and wait till the screen gives you a flashing sign as ‘Done’ . Remove the battery and place it again.

4) Again turn on the phone and wait till the phone completely starts. Do check out which android version are you using. If it shows android 2.1 then you were successfully able to upgrade to android 2.1. so that’s how it is done. I hope that was pretty much clear for you.