Thread: Drop in wifi connection when I hold my Samsung galaxy S2

Drop in wifi connection when I hold my Samsung galaxy S2

I know this is a very weird problem that I have described in the title above but that is actually what happening with me. I got this phone from my friend who sold it for me for Rs.20K bucks and when I held this phone it looked great to me simply awesome. I could do everything great to see the android phone first time in my hands. I checked out all the applications and even the hardware’s of the phone even they were perfect at the end I decided to see how is the wifi working. I set up the connection with my wifi router and on the wifi in my phone even that was working good but when I held the phone in my hands I could see that there is a drop in the wifi connection. So that’s what the problem is? I don’t understand if I keep the phone lonely without touching then the phone works out perfectly well but if I touch it with my hands then there is a drop in the wifi connection. Isn’t it weird? I just want to know from the galaxy S2 users does the same thing happen with you all as well in your device that’s what I want to know? In case if it has happened then what you all have done to conquer the problem.

What is your take on this subject, can you please tell me? I want some answer from your side. Reply accordingly over here.

Re: Drop in wifi connection when I hold my Samsung galaxy S2

Even I have a wifi problem on the Samsung galaxy s2 guess what I have to keep my phone just inches close to the router so that I can get a signal strength of 1 or 2 bars in the phone. this kind of problems is common among those who have got the phone earlier when the phone had released. And look at Samsung people they aren’t even releasing any kind of updates to fix up such issues. When I contacted the Samsung support what I got to hear from them is that you are the first person to tell me about this problem and there are no such issues with the phone. no wifi problem at all. He even pointed out that the problem would be with my home’s wifi router. I reset the router and re connected the phone, still the same thing and this is not the case with my home wifi connection. Even if I go out and if I setup a connection there with the wifi hotspot then also I get the same results. I can’t get any signal bars at my phone. you know except the wifi reception I don’t have any problems with the phone. still Samsung people had to look on tthis issue because it is not only you who is having the problem, many others as well are in the queue to get it solved. I have made a point over here on this forum, lets see how man of you all are willing to make any statement on this particular issue.

I would advise you to download the wifi fixer application from the android market. I think that would be a good application for you to give a try. You know what this application wont totally fix up the weak wifi signal strength but yes it will definitely help you to fix up the drop in the wifi connection. After one of my friend recommended this application to me. I got this app downloaded from the android market changed the ip to static. You can change that in the advanced settings. Now I get a descent amount of signal strength for my phone and also I used to get a frequent disconnection in wifi when I used to roam at my phone. no longer now. I can use the phone anywhere at my home, no drop connection. So I found this app quite useful. Even if you want then you can get it downloaded and use it in your phone. I would say this as a temporary solution for your wifi problem.

I think you might be some of the unlucky one’s to get this problem, even I own a Samsung galaxy S2 and frankly speaking I haven’t come across this problem. Both wifi and 3G works so smoothly in the phone. I have even tested the speed and also compared it with the iPhone 4. Galaxy S2 beats the iPhone 4 handsomely. I think there must be some problem with your wifi routers do have a check about the same.

In case if you aren’t satisfied with the phone then you can even return the phone and get it replaced. If under warranty. Though the Samsung people won’t be replacing for such a reason but still if you are successful in convincing them then well and good for you.