Thread: Voice over feature of iPad 3 only recognizing generic titles

Voice over feature of iPad 3 only recognizing generic titles

I recently purchased an iPad 3 and put some iTunes in it. I wanted to test the Voice over function of iPad 3, so I started saying names of my favorite songs in it, but iPad failed to recognize my commands. I tried many times, but it didn’t happen. One of my friends asked me to use it for initiating generic stuff like All Songs, Playlist 1 and Playlist 2 to test it. When tried, it worked fine. I tried updating my iTunes to its latest version, which is iTunes 8.1.0.51. It got installed properly, but now it recognized only certain English words in the song only. Many regional songs were not recognized. I even tried synchronizing iPod using option ‘Generating Voice Over Messages’ but even it failed. Can anyone suggest me some solution to make the Voice Over function properly?

Re: Voice over feature of iPad 3 only recognizing generic titles

The voice over function recognizes the functions and songs and retrieves its details from internet. For example, if you are listening to some song and use Voice Over Function on it, then it will give you its details like music composer, singer, its source and other such details. It will also give you details of the features and functions in you iPad 3. I think that it is most useless feature in iPad 3. I know almost most of the details of most of the songs in my playlist. If any new song is introduced, I find its details over source or ask details to the provider. It doesn’t even enhance any music listening experience for user. iPad 3 promised to store over 18000 songs in its advertisement. I think that this feature will useful to tell the user details about all these songs. But the question is; who stores 18000 songs and compromises all the space which can be used for installing apps and other stuff. Also the pronunciation of it is bad for use of people from other regions except United States.