Thread: Is it possible to Interchange RUU & Radio in HTC One XL

Is it possible to Interchange RUU & Radio in HTC One XL

Everyone knows that the HTC one XL is not available in the market yet. It means it is not out yet. I assume that many people are thinking about international version HTC one XL and US version One X from AT&T might be allow us to interchange radios via RUU updates. I don’t know if it is a possible thing but it would have been better. If it was able to interchange radios by themselves, then would it be a matter of S-OFF? There is a particular reason behind this question. Currently I am using T-Mobile right now but in future I want to use AT&T model with TMo's HSPA+. But I also travel to Europe frequently. In Germany, they're using LTE on 2600 MHz and in UK LTE is on 1800 MHz.

Re: Is it possible to Interchange RUU & Radio in HTC One XL

Following are the ATT bands for this phone:
    1. LTE CAT3 - DL 100 /UL 50
    2. LTE: 700/AWS
    3. WCDMA: 2100/1900/AWS/850
    4. EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
    5. International bands:
    6. HSPA/WCDMA:
    7. Europe/Asia: 850/900/1900//2100 MHz
    8. GSM/GPRS/EDGE:850/900/1800/1900 MHz

As far as I know that AT&T LTE band is 700/AWS. So I don’t think that it will going to working in England or Germany if you have stated the bands correctly. Both versions are capable to work in 3G & 2G network, in either market. However, keep in mind that the Band compatibility is set in phone’s hardware. It has nothing to do with the software and you cannot change it by just flashing the phone with a new Radio or custom ROM. It would brick your phone. So if you are looking for a particular LTE band to work with, then you have to choose a phone which should be compatible with that band

The processor and chipset which AT&T chosen to use in the U.S. alone, since it incorporates the LTE connection. I don’t think that this standard is same as one in Europe but I assume that you can get it at least in Spain. It will be possible for you to take considerable more standardized as usual connection. Anyway, the incorporation of this frequency will not be short term; there are still a couple of years. The One XL can work perfectly in 3G and LTE I have noticed a shift of bands in one x and one XL models would affect the 3G/HSPA signal quality.
    • One XL USA: 3G Network HSDPA 850/1700/1900/2100
    • One x Europe: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100

The processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 unleashes all its power on tests that have been made to a HTC One XL, the U.S. version of HTC One X LTE connectivity. By seeing test results it is clearly visible how they are compatible with different network over any location. I assume that this phone is particularly usable in both Europe and US without need of different version of RUU & Radio. The same radio antenna would be capable to receiving the signal over different locations. Keep in mind that some tests showed by third party designed to make the raw performance of a phone, which does not necessarily correspond with the end user experience, but there are data.

I read in a couple of blogs that will surely find doing a search. In theory, Germany is the best equipped of us on LTE. Of course I have no hard evidence, everything is in waiting. On the HTC website if you do a search, it gives it to you. There are comparison tests between X and XL on YouTube, do the calculation to be released in May and will be distributed in the U.S. with AT & T unless I am mistaken, but I think the ONE EVO will be available in June with Sprint. However, for now the only remedy is to wait and see if it really launch in Germany....

As far as I know that now it is impossible for us to say or be 100% positive on the compatibility. This is because the phone has not released yet and there are no prior release notes regarding these models. But one thing quite sure that band T-Mobile uses (1700/2100) one is used for upload, as well as the further for download, also recognized as Band IV. On AT&T phones, you will normally see 2100 band (for 3G international use). So I am damn sure that the one XL will not able to work on T-Mobile’s 3G network. Also there is no way and no reason for AT&T phone to include T-Mobs band on this phone. But due to international traveling customers, this band is widely compatible in Europe, Asia, and other places.

From the past several days I have been doing research over the mobile frequencies and bands and finally I come to know about the WCDMA support listed on the specifications for frequencies: 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100, they fall into bands:
    • 1 (2.1 @ DL 2110-2170, UL 1920-1980)
    • 2 (PCS 1900 @ DL 1930-1990, UL 1850-1910)
    • 4 (AWS @ DL 2110-2155, UL 1710-1755) could be band 10 (Extended AWS)
    • 5 (850 MHz @ DL 869-894, UL 824-849)

The sole LTE band is: 17 (LTE700 @ DL 734-746, UL 704-716) at the same time as 1700 and 2100 are moreover used for LTE. The problem is not with radio frequency or bands. Actually the problem is with the prevention of cross-compatibility due to having separate chipset for both LTE and HSDPA. This issue not only comes with HTC phones but also with other phone. However, the Samsung's Skyrocket (MSM8260) and Galaxy Note (MSM8660) are manufactured on the basis of single chipset that hosts LTE and HSDPA bands due to this it would be possible to interchange radios