Thread: Slow Network Speed in HTC One XL

Slow Network Speed in HTC One XL

Few days ago I have purchased the HTC one XL which is unlocked for ATT network. While using it myself I have noticed that the network speed is almost 0.1mbps after getting new Micro SIM card from AT&T. The AT & T already told that this smartphone is new for them and it is slight complicated to troubleshoot settings for now. I don’t know for what reason the network settings seems complicated for them. I don’t see any kind of new network technology used in this case. Even I have changed the SIM card and also the data plan but there is no change in network speed. Can anyone tell me what is kind of problem it is having here. Using the Same Sim and same plan I can get almost 8 mbps on my Galaxy note and Nexus. It seems confused in both ways.

Re: Slow Network Speed in HTC One XL

It seems to me that you have to modify the APN setting regarding to AT&T's settings. One thing you have to make sure that with the unlocked HTC one XL, you will not get the 4G LTE. I think that you will not get 4G LTE with any international HTC one Series phones. Only AT&T provides and in my case I am getting almost 8mbs download and 2.5 upload speeds. If possible you need to tweak the APN by making a new one. It would be possible to get a different speed sometimes. Otherwise you can compare the APN setting with other phone which also using the same AT & T sIM card. If the automatic settings are not working well, get the settings for AT & T and manually configure it on your phone by deleting all older APN settings.

I am too having the same problem and I think that it is the problem with all HTC one XL phones which are operating on AT & T hence this is the only provider for now who is offering 4G LTE network service for this phone with a separate Micro SIM card. In my case I don’t know whether it is a real speed or not but my speed test apps does not seems to be work properly on HTC one XL. The default APN settings may not be a compatible one for this phone. It just a minor mistake made by AT & T which has just offered duplicated APN setting of some other phone which seems almost equal to this new model. The phone should get faster network access in any means.

I don’t think that it is the problem with AT & T. Did you check your phone with different network provider SIM card? It would be better to check with a different one rather than the AT & T again. If other phones are getting proper speed with the same SIM, then it should be the problem with your phone. Either the network antenna is faulty or not functional properly. I hope that your phone is showing your proper network bars. Also make sure that you are in the 4G LTE coverage area. I have heard that currently 4G LTE is not available in all cities and all over the world. Only some biggest cities having advantage over this network. So coverage area is important for you. For a little speedy experience I urge you to try connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot. Here you will not get 4G speed but at least you can get reasonable speed since relatively many other users sharing same public Wi-Fi hotspot.

As far as I know that the HTC one XL AT&T version is very much similar to the international release. The notable difference is, the mobile is switched from quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor to the dual-core Snapdragon S4 for the reason to provide 4G LTE capability. The international version only contains quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3. There is no microSD slot since it already comes with a 25GB Dropbox storage for free along with 16GB internal memory. The phone is still in the starting process. The AT & T does not completely ported its 4G LTE technology yet for this phone. They are still in the experimental process. I hope that within 1 week, they are going to solve this problem.