Thread: Kies bricked Samsung Galaxy S while firmware updating

Kies bricked Samsung Galaxy S while firmware updating

hi guys I need help on this , I just bought this Samsung Galaxy S and I decided to upgrade this phone for that I downloaded the kites and connected the phone to the kies Via USB on the computer , I took the back up of my mobile and started the firmware update , everything was going well , there was some application downloaded and all was working perfectly okay. But then suddenly I noticed that the phone has that yellow android shoveling icon that said Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!! .but on the computer I saw the kies was showed an error connection error disconnect and start again. Kies is now showing V message and hitting the trouble shooting it shows that
    Code:
    Kies 2.0 Connection error troubleshooting will start
    Disconnect the cable from the device before starting
    Click start to start connection error troubleshooting
    So I disconnected the phone and restarted Kies , pulled the phone again , it was doing that thing as if it is connecting the phone but then it showed the message to turn off the phone but after restarting the phone I see nothing just the symbol showing the phone connection to the PC . I guess that my phone has been bricked , I s there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Kies bricked Samsung Galaxy S while firmware updating

This is terribly annoying, I downloaded Kies and connected my phone to the pc. Kies picked it up and told me to initiate the update. I did. when a moment it told me there was an "error" with the update and i would need to do an emergency firmware repair... what the hell? I proceeded to try to to what it asked me to try to to an emergency repair, however even that failed and it told me to try once more later My phone is not rooted. I recently discovered my phone was accessible for a 2.2 to 2.3 update thus i made a decision to try to do it. So, i attempted again later however now rather than obtaining the digger android I after I initiated the recovery mode (Hold volume up+down and connect the USB) i buy the "phone-!-computer" screen. currently i am stuck like this.

I searched around and somebody said if you hold volume up down and then hold power, and then after you see the BSOD, and it flashes, unleash power and it ought to boot up in download mode... however after I try there it simply flashes then goes back to the BSOD.is there any approach to fix this issue I will be appreciating this

Happened to me too . Kies has the a buggy USB driver. confirm your using the USB cable that came together with your phone not one off eBay . Digger mode is sweet news your phone is tuned in to flashing. My recommendation is to skip Kies, skip Odin (also buggy) and select Hiemdall - that is meant to be used less technical folks. You also might would like the relevant flash file Else it’s off to Samfirmware to get their tar and unzip it and use the separate files

I bricked mine throughout the update too. Took it to an AT&T store, that they had no clue the way to fix it, however a minimum of they got on the phone with support, did the essential steps (it was truly bricked) and got the alright to replace my phone. Had to drive to the AT&T service center they gave me a replacement phone there, swapped out my sd card. (I was additionally six months into the new phone) The woman there told me a number of the older Captivates are not able to be updated to 2.2, however i am unsure she knew what she was talking concerning. I had protected everything to my sd card anyway, and my contacts were all on Google. I restored to the new phone, and tried the update once more later that day, it worked sort of a charm.

If you'll be able to still get the phone INTO Download Mode, you are in all probability fine. you have got 2 options:

Take the phone into service center and make a case for that the Kies update failed and your phone is broken.

or

Use ODIN once more (NOT the one-click one), and check out once more - I've never seen a phone that would get to Download Mode that wasn't fixable.

I was thinking on going back to stock myself, that I've currently done with the assistance of Kies no due to it crashing on my Win7 x64 box, however not on my Win7 x64 laptop. The OTA update kept failing at 50%, however Kies worked fine. , i do not utterly trust non-stock firmware’s, or firmware’s that i do not recognize the author of personally. Sure, perhaps a bit paranoid, however everything is on the phone -- together with Google Authenticator (Google's new double authentication method). I merely should have a secure OS, and wanting examining all elements of the firmware, i can not try this. So, i will stick with stock on this device. Also, there's continually the chance that unknown changes, whereas seeming benign to the developer, might have unintended consequences.

That said, all the custom ROMs out there are nice. the ultimate demand was truly when Swype went unless , losing its dictionary somehow. I actually have no plan how this suddenly occurred, however the sole fix gave the impression to be a full factory restore/reset. i am positive another fix was probably within reach, however i used to be unable to simply do it with easy way like clearing its cache, or restoring its user information from a previous backup.

I had the same issue on my phone as well the fact that my upgrade failed and the kies shows the message of unplug the cable , take off the batter out and reinsert ,after that restart , but that actually did not worked for me and now the phone is dead , then I thought to take the phone to the service center they told me that they can help but I don’t have the purchase bill of that phone so they will going to charge for the service and that will be way too high so I was thinking to solve to by myself so that I will not have to bay the lot of money for that , but I have no idea how I s that I am going to do it , well I have downloaded the ODIN and tiring to flashing it manually although the problem is that I have no Idea how to do that , I am able to get my phone on to the download mode but I need guidance on the ODIN thing ,can anyone here can help me on this I will be glad to know that ……………………..thanks

Let me try to help you on this , for the odin you have to activate the USB debugging mode , but since that you are not be able to logged in to the phone can you remember that the if you had activated it because I feel that , it won’t be activated because the Kies flash with USB debugging off, so maybe you not be able yo use this method but it is worth a shot , see if this works for you

1. Just go to the site named sammobile for downloading the firmware
    2. Unzip the file an d put it on the PDA in Odin in case it is single file or just Do not do anything else.
    3. Press and hold the volume down + menu + power to see the download screen , accept the warning and go to the next screen that will show the green android icon .
    4. Connect the phone to the computer that has the ODIN via USB
    5. The application will recognize the phone
    6. Now press the start

Hope this help