Thread: Can I share iBooks among different iPads?

Can I share iBooks among different iPads?

as the title of this particular thread saying what I wanted to ask you over here. is it possible to share iBooks from iPad I am having with owner of another iPad? Let me know if you have done the same. I am waiting for your useful comments on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I share iBooks among different iPads?

As far as I know you will not be able to do above mentioned thing at all. it is against of EULA. However it is possible to share iBooks if that particular person is belongs to your family and sharing the same iTunes account with you. I know you are thinking that publishers should allow us to pass the ebooks as paperbacks . in fact ebooks which you have purchased from Apple store are treated same as you have purchased music and app. any iPad which has been registered with iTunes account will be able to make use of books. However you will not be able give that book to any other user. This would not be downsides of the ebooks and it is applicable for all the eBook reader. The Nook allow you to share book with friends and family for at least one share for couple of week that means if you shared book with your brother and it would get expire when he managed to get half of the book.

Well I am aware of the thing that eBooks can be shared for couple of weeks by using Nook. I was wondering that if you are able to share $10-13 then you will be able to share book same as that of library. But still I doubt whether ebook residing on the iPad memory rather than of ITunes server. I was expecting that eBook business model supposed to be same as that of sharing music by using iTunes. Well I am looking to have below mentioned things and I hope they would provide the same.
    • I used to read ebook on iPhone without using Kindle and B&N. Kindle was having capability sync so there would be need of iBooks.
    • We should be able to share books with friends.

I hope you Apple people would provide the above mentioned feature.

Currently I am using iPad and a Mac and my brother is using Kindle. In case I am purchasing book from Amazon then I will be able to share book between Mac, iPad and Kindle without having much trouble. However I am not able to get how can I do the same with iBooks. I was also not able to link different devices in iTunes by using same kind of account. Apple is not wide as that of Amazon. I am big fond of Apple Product. Apple is trying to locking all the users into their space. This is the biggest disadvantage if you have selected any Apple product. The only resolution is that you should not purchase anything from iTunes rather you should go for Amazon which would allow you to share all the purchases which you have made on the various kind of devices. iTunes really restrictive so I don’t wanted to use the same. Amazon is bit ahead it is allowing to people to share products and you can use the same quite easily.

If apple people are not going to permit users to share books between friend and family then I wont purchase iBooks. Apple already having enough money and there is no need to be greedy. If you are going to purchase real boo then you would like to share with the friend of yours. however library is available for free.