Thread: Samsung Galaxy S constantly rebooting repeatedly

Samsung Galaxy S constantly rebooting repeatedly

Hi guys

I need help on this , my phone keeps on rebooting but just don’t load past the scrolling S screen. I have done everything but nothing is helping me in any way , I have hard reboot the phone but that either is not working, wiping the cache partition and reboot not is not working . I have even remove the battery and sim for about half hour but that dint helped . well I am thinking of hard reset the phone but I am sacred as I have few important data which I don’t want to loose . I connected the phone to the computer via USB but phone is not recognized in the system won't let me access it.. I am still under the warrant but the service center will wipe the data in the phone that I am afraid of . it think it was started after I installed app named draw something and that is what may be started the problem. Is ther e anyone here can hel me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Samsung Galaxy S constantly rebooting repeatedly

i have a samsung galaxy s showcase ( sch i500 ) and its stuck in recovery. prefer to flip it off, I even have to require the battery out. it won’t reboot to something however recovery mode. i "temporarily" rooted it with z4 root, that I even have done loads of times before. I even have my phone flashed over from cellular south to cricket. i don’t grasp if i accidentally unlashed it or one thing. i rooted it, opened root explorer, and that i modified the name of a read-only system app. i don’t grasp if that matters.. I even have no plan what i did that caused this to happen, i'm therefore worried that i ruined it forever. i don’t grasp if this matters, however i modified the permissions i don’t even grasp what that will. i unchecked executable on all the boxes for that app. ) the app i messed with was simply the "car home" app ?? idk if that must do with it. however yeah i additionally extracted it or one thing ?! I even have no plan what I even have done!!! i downloaded kies, however my laptop has never recognized or perhaps detected this phone the least bit, even with kies. i will plug within the minisd card to my laptop if i will fix something from there.

I have question that my wifi button will sort of a mini-self destruct of my phone and starts boot looping. the sole fix I even have come upon is by factory resetting it. just like the on top of guy said you hold the Up+Down volume buttons + power button and it brings to you a screen. you utilize the degree management to induce to recovery mode then you press power button to begin. Once you get to the insufficient droid laying down with the red hazard box / exclamation purpose you've got to carry the ability + up volume to scroll through the list to factory reset.

This time once I reset my phone the wifi was enabled once I started my phone and it connected no drawback. i am scared to show off my wifi as a result of it would die once more. For currently i will simply leave my wifi on and see what happens from here. Are there any step by step directions to flash the initial firmware for a noob? I even have my Galaxy S stuck during a boot loop with the Cyanogenmod screen moreover. appeared like everything was going well, I used the clockworkmod recovery methodology, wiped knowledge and cache and then install nothing from sdcard, then it started the cyanogen mod install and reboot the phone and its been stuck during a loop ever since. What do i would like to download and place within the heimdall directory if i would like to run constant command as you did?

Try this may be this will help you of what you are looking for . just turn off the phone and after that just press the following button

1. Volume increase with the Home Button and the Power Button, so that your phone goes to Recovery Mode
    2. Volume decrease with the Home Button and the Power Button, so that the phone get in to Download Mode

If you abel to get on to the recovery moe then it is possible to factory reset then see if that works. In case that not work then you will need to flash manually using Odiin. And there is no chance that you will be losing the DATA on the phone if you have stored it in to the your internal SD because that do not get wipe out You must put a copy of that in th e computer first or just remove the SD card from the slot to be secure if you that worried. I always keep all the data on the PC as well. And if it make you feel any better then I have already came across this type of issue started on flashed new firmware so I reset factory settings and everything working fine

You need to know that Galaxy S you've got. E.g. I even have a "XXJVQ" (whatever that means), therefore I download the firmware I9000XXJVQ.rar, that I found in an Android forum by looking out the net. I unpacked the rar file, that contained tar files, therefore I unpacked them moreover, and, that worked , I had all files for the command on top of. you'll switch off your phone by removing the battery. Insert it once more, press "volume down", "home", and "power". There ought to be a download page on your phone. currently you'll install the initial firmware and your phone ought to be fine, but while not CM7. Install CM7 as you probably did before, i.e. reboot your phone, press "volume up", "home", and "power", and do all the wiping and nothing install such as you did before. This second time it simply worked on behalf of me. No idea, why it did not work the primary time, however in one forum I browse, that some folks even required a 3rd install.

Take out the battery and look ahead to twenty to thirty secs and insert the battery and take a look at to enter recovery or download mode.Probably it ought to work.Or the jig is that the solely possibility.There and lots of guides on cyberspace to form your own jig out of usb cables.Try those. try and hold the three-button combo and when holding this place the battery in. This has worked on behalf of me many times. appears like its a nasty partitioning of internal storage and from a fast search, there is not one resolution to repair all. Did you utilize repartition and a 512 pit file with the stock rom? if not you ought to strive it. Also, did you've got any lagfixes on? like ext4?, if yes then you ought to disable the lagfixes before flashing any stock rom. i suppose it can be done with flashing a kernel with the choice of lagfixes on/off within the recovery menu...

When you are stuck within the boot loop:
    1. remove the battery and re-insert it.
    2. place the phone in download mode (using 3-button combo - down+home+power)
    3. Open Odin, and reinstall the stock you may be able to realize the files within the stock firmware 2.3.5
    4. Once you've got done this, root your phone, install custom kernel, and then install custom firmware through custom recovery menu.

That the approach i did it....i don’t have any idea if there's a ant shortcut to it.

Hope it helps!

it has been getting in and out of boot loops a couple of times already for previous couple of months works fine for ages. All of a sudden it's starts lagging on an app or when texting and reboots into a loop though i never had the matter on froyo solely in gingerbread (a few week or therefore once i got my phone back from repair look, they upgraded it to gingerbread while not my notification, however since i had voodoo on before on froyo i do not grasp, perhaps they updated it wrongly ). 1st time i fastened it with a fix on here concerning transferring a system file through odin. second time it fastened itself once i left it for daily as i did not have time to repair it . now i finally fastened it with a factory reset for the fourth or fifth time during a row, once wiping cache and therefore on, did not work 1st few times. therefore unsure whats inflicting it, can be a failing internal memory card i suppose or overheating corrupting the memory, hoping its a software issue that the factory reset can permanently fix (but doubt it).

I have i9000M version, with internal SD failure. i am additionally using 8GB external microSD card. i attempted many 2.2 Android firmwares - specifically I9000XXJPY, I9000XXJPU. With update to speedmod-kernel i am able to load device, however it does not see neither internal nor external SD card. therefore i could not install any applications, upload knowledge or perhaps shot with camera. based mostly on this thread, on high of XXJPY with speedmod kernel I uploaded I9000XWJM8 firmware (Android 2.1) with Odin one.7, no repartitioning. It worked at once - device loaded and that i will see 2GB of program storage (assume they storage is found on my external card). each internal and external cards are shown as "Not available" in settings. I will install applications currently, that created "brick" a trifle higher then it absolutely was before. sadly, I still cannot upload any knowledge, i.e. a book for FB2Reader. And cannot build a photograph with my camera. And it's currently Android 2.1, that appearance slower. 1st of all - thanks for the advice! it'd be smart to possess this subject "sticked" and distributed - there may well be different guys with no probability to repair phone underneath warranty. Secondly - if somebody will do a "hack" for Android 2.2 firmware therefore it will use external SD card for program storage specifically for I9000M device? And it'd be terrific, if the remaining a part of SD card (or a minimum of some fastened size, like four GB) will be mounted as storage, therefore the knowledge like music or photo or books will be uploaded.

This isn't a fix. this may solely work with phones with slightly corrupted (and not totally corrupt) sdcards; eventually your phone will in all probability stop booting with this "fix" moreover. you are going to eventually lose a number of the opposite partitions like stl10 to corruption, and then you are screwed. The OP's phone is corrupt during a specific approach that enables this - and there are numerous procedures which will get your phone to a semi-bootable state if you merely have a partially dead sdcard. just like the OP said - simply putting in speedmod kernel with an external SD in can enable your phone besides, for instance (I got my dead sd i9000m besides froyo with the speedmod kernel, and others had reported constant as well). Then if you are technical enough you'll switch around your mount configs and find it to figure while not the inner mmc device. It does not matter if you purchased your phone off kijiji or craigslist 2nd hand; send it back to Samsung or go through futurities or an analogous provider). No receipt goes to be needed (if they raise... simply say you cannot realize it). product like this may forever be repaired underneath warranty based mostly on manufacture date code.