Thread: Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 camera giving poor quality snaps

Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 camera giving poor quality snaps

I am having this phone from quite sometimes and just want to inform you all that the camera of this phone si quite poor and this is the most horrible phone that I have come across. First of all whenever I take some snaps at a low light environment then I get to see light shadows or or stripes on the screen. Those strips are really irritating for our eyes. Such kind of images appear after every time I click some images on the phone and this is coming again and again. even in the day when I click a picture there is a dark kind of spot coming up in the every pic that I take. They are so visible in every images that we take. Now I really want to get rid of such kind of problem. just don’t understand if we pay so much and get a phone as SII still we get to see some problems like these. One more thing I want to mention over here is that I don’t have any problems with the other parts of the phone all are quite good only the camera of the phone is giving me a lot of trouble. So that’s why I have come here asking some opinions from you all.

Please reply as early as possible for this issue.

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 camera giving poor quality snaps

The only solution that I can give you as of now is to update the firmware of your phone that would be better. Check out in your phone if there is some updates available or not. I think Samsung was ready to roll out the ICS updates for SII phone so have they come up? If yes then grab the opportunity and update the phone. it surely looks to me as some problem with the software only. I don’t think so there is any problem with the hardware only. So I have spoke about my solution now its upon you to implement it accordingly. Whatever doubts you have make sure you clear it.

The thing is not about updating man! You know what I have contacted the Samsung support earlier nd guess what the first solution they gave me and it was to update the firmware of the phone? I checked out the samungs official website and I also checked out In the kies as well but unfortunately nothing was available out there. So I ringed them back again and I told them there were no updates for this phone so for which they advised me to do a hard reset for the phone by keeping a backup of all the important data. earlier I was hesitant to do such complicated procedure on my phone because I know the amount of risk involved with it but still with my friends guidance I did that as well. still nothing changed up for me. Again I rang up the Samsung support taking up the problem with them saying that it isn’t solved yet. For which they told me to visit the nearest Samsung centre and show the phone out there. Now I know once I got there even they would be telling me the same thing only. This people like they promise you a ,ot before getting the phone but once you had the phone their services are equally poor. So now i wanted something out of the box solution that’s why jut visited this page and asked it with you all. Anyways I think I have told about the poor service of this Samsung people what do you all think about it guys? That’s what I want to know?

See first of all I don’t like any of the Samsung products at all. They really fit in some cheap accessories for their products and they market it. I don’t think so there is any other product except galaxy note which has made a name of itself in the market. I recently heard that Samsung has started using cheaper materials on more recent s2 cameras so that they can cut down the cost and manufacture it. it seems you were one of the user who ended up buying the phone. the quality of the products aren’t good but still you are right when you have paid so much for a phone and also it launches itself saying that it has a 8 megapixel camera then there has to be something unique about the phone. There are many users like you who are complaining about the red shades that can be seen with the images. I am quite sure that Samsung would be aware of these problems but they aren’t doing anything to get it solved. However of you ask me one of the out o the box solution. I would ask you to flash the phone with the new firmware using Odin. So that’s what you can do. if you want give a try and let me know if that makes any difference or not.

You are right but don’t you think that would be affecting my phone in some way or the another. If I flash the phone then I won’t be able to get any official updates from the Samsung, right? As such ICS release for this phone is anywhere round the corner and I think it should be coming up for the galaxy S2 as well. so probably I wont be taking any risk of getting the phone flashed with any firmware. I will rather wait for the ICS update and see if that makes any kind of difference or not. I think that would be a sensible option to try out I feel.

From what I have been reading in many of the websites it is said that ICS should have come out but now for my phone but still it has not come yet. I am hoping that the update should get this fixed otherwise I would be using my digi cam to click the pics because apart from the camera I don’t have any problems. Anyways thanks for all your advise.