Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet 10% battery is wasted on "Cell standby”

Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet 10% battery is wasted on "Cell standby”

Hello friends, using Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet and having lot of problems with battery, such it hardly remains for six hours if I am suing Wi-Fi. It is not happening for all the time it was fine with new unit which is having complete first charge before using. I do feel that reason of poor battery performance is due to 10% battery is wasted on "Cell standby” which is having a 100% time without any signal. I would believe that it might be consequence of an old udev enabling WWAN when there is no SIM card in it, but I do not know much about Android. Does anyone is getting this problem with Ice Cream Sandwich? Please help me out with it and what I should do to make it use for longer time? Thank you.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad slate tablet 10% battery is wasted on "Cell standby”

The problem which you are facing is being solved. I would suggest that you better update the firmware of the tablet and check that it is working or not. If you are looking for some application in android market then applications which allow you to manual enable/disable of WANN network, I would like to know are you getting problem when you have enable airplane mode and only use Wi-Fi from there. If you have installed WANN card then it will be continuously take power when it is there in tablet. I am also having it and it taking power when it is not been connected and reason for that is the card is always initialized. If you are turning off the mobile data card then also it will be not work and it would keep on search for signal in its "sleep state". The proper solution is that you remove card or you can use as an airplane mode with Wi-Fi on.