Thread: Planning to go for HTC One XL

Planning to go for HTC One XL

Hi friends, as already mentioned in the title I am really planning to get a HTC One XL but little bit confused whether should I buy this phone or wait for something else. there are certain issues that I have with verizon 4G LTE network and therefore planning to go with AT&T. currently I am using Galaxy S2 and I must say that it’s a best model until now that I have but the only reason I am planning for a HTC One XL is that I am in need of 720p and a LTE network. However I personally feel that S4 can also be a good option. No doubt that I am going to buy this phone only if I have an unlimited data plan. Its because I really do not see any point of using a LTE network and 720p with only 3GB to play with. Currently I am having a unlimited non-smartphone data plan on my GT-9100 but I don’t personally feel that it would surely work with this upcoming phone. anyways I already researched a lot with this phone and come up with number of pros and cons for the same. Below are the list of the advantages that have really impressed me a lot and however made me to go for it:
    • Firstly it is soon going to be out
    • it is on AT&T's better LTE network
    • The 28nm S4 looks great compared to anything else
    • The 720P SLCD2 again looks great this time in front of other SLCD of 2011
    • HTC can make a good phone, and they have already proved it many times

There are also some limitation and drawback of this phone which somehow compensate with the advantages of its own features. Some of the cons are listed below with respects to both design and hardware:
    • GPU doesn’t looks like a big boost as of the CPU power
    • its Non-removable battery is the biggest issue for me
    • There is No SD cards inside this phone
    • Button layout is not so impressive

Re: Planning to go for HTC One XL

I do agree with you in some of the points. I really feel that the non removable battery is the biggest drawback in this phone. I already have a Razr with me and let me tell you that if HTC One XL acts like this Razr then surely I might throw it away from me. The button layout would have looked much better if it would have been similar to the S2 with the push down home key. The 720P SLCD2 seems a lot better but I will only believe this I see it by myself in order to make sure that it live up to the videos that I have seen.

Other than their pros and cons if asked me I would simply wait for the S3 to release soon as I have heard that Samsung has this time promised a much better and strong battery with enough battery life, I guess its around 2300mAh+ or something. if I am not mistaken LG Optimus 4X also has 2100mAh battery. heard that this height of battery would surely deliver me almost 8 to 10 hours of screen time which would be a real fun, at least for me. if it’s a real fact then surely I might be one of them stand in a queue for this phone. Currently when checked out the battery of HTC One X, it is something around 1700mAh that works around for 4-5h screen time at max. Not sure with the X display but I do have a Sensation and its display looks really horrible when competed to S2. Also XL is not going to provide us with an SD card which is again so sad and annoying. Overall if you see the drawback are less but they are too big and important ones which is surely going to harm you today or tomorrow in some of the other way. Talking about the design, it’s the only thing I always liked in HTC. Not just the design but also the Sense UI which force me to go for HTC.

Depends upon your requirement you can simply go for your own choice. If XL matches your requirement and criteria then you should surely go for it. If you really looking out for the best specifications then as already suggested above you must wait and go for S3 and if you want a good and useful experience then definitely you can never go wrong with the HTC One X. the most funniest thing was that when I checked out one of the HTC One XL forum, I found that there this phone got just 50% of positive rating and rest all were against it. from past one month even I am planning for go for a LTE phone and somewhere I do feels that this phone is going to be much better and even it will play in the same court with the real world phone. I still remember when I first bought my GT-9100 I simply took it to the Verizon store and then mobbed it will all the best phone all the way. let me tell you one thing that if ever you plan to go for a smartphone from AT&T they are surely going to switch you to the smartphone plan. But I strongly do not feel that you will ever be able to switch to an unlimited smartphone plan in any case. But it would be even worse if you give up easily, they will not hurt you if you try to confirm with them.

It’s really a good idea for LTE but are you sure you are really going for a HTC One XL? As far as I know it doesn’t have LTE but I strongly feel that the support will somehow help you out with this if you insist them hard. As it won’t be coming with an IMEI that AT&T is going to recognize undertaking it as an international phone, you simply have to just switch the sim from your existing phone i.e. S2 I guess. I am not sure whether I am right or not but yes if I am correct then this might work for you. And if your S2 is already belongs to some international location then that should be much easier for you without causing any big issue. but I doubt the SIM a lot, there might be few issue with the SIM if you buy the phone from AT&T, if I am not mistaken the HTC One is going to use a micro-SIM whereas AT&T phones uses a standard SIM card. Then how come the SIM would be compatible with the phone.

Yeah you are right this HTC phone uses a micro-SIM and AT&T provides a standard SIM card but other than this if you are not aware let me tell you that micro-SIM are easily available from most of the providers upon request so you need not have to worry about it.

I do have certain issue with my RAZR, initially I thought the issue was quite minor and therefore I didn’t panic. I was suggested to do a factory reset I think that was not one of the solutions for the issue. I would simply return the phone and wait for galaxy s3, it would be a real fun to see what S3 has on its side. However I really do not to go for any "3G"/H+ kind of phones. And let me tell you that if you go for a 4G LTE phone you will simply feel that its going to need 15+mbs for each time you use it. My ISP is really annoying and frustrating, I like netfix. Most of the times I use 94GB on Verizon just because I am able to only pull out less than 1mbs DL from my ISP and therefore I pay for 10mbs DL and 1UL. Anyways the most interesting thing is that I get 100kbs more UL speed than what I pay for.